cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

s3 not charging

Journeyman

s3 not charging

My s3 won't charge at all. No matter what I do. I've tried other cables, hard resets, factory resets and even wiggled the cord around but I get nothing. I do notice that when my device is powering on it will charge for a second but as soon as the home screen is done loading, the charging stops. Please help!

11 REPLIES 11
Master

Re: s3 not charging

arceles1:

This is not good at all! Thank you for reaching out to us on our forums.

Are you using the original OEM battery that came with the device? If you remove the battery, does it look at all swollen? Did you recently update the software on the device? Have you recently downloaded any applications immediately before this started happening?

Jon H.

Sprint Social Care Team
Journeyman

Yes, this is the original OEM battery. No, the battery doesn't look swollen. It was workingffine almost a week ago.

Journeyman

And no I haven't downloaded any apps for about 2 months now.

Master

arceles1,

Thanks for the update. How are things working out for you this morning? Were you able to get your S3 device charged? Or have you had a chance to take your device in to a Service and Repair shop? Let me know I am more than happy to look into this for you.

For a Service Center around you go to: http://bit.ly/1bfD15Y

Lucia
Social Care
Highlighted
Master

arceles1,

Have you taken this device into a Service and Repair center? I would recommend going in as they can see what is happening. Here is a link to find the nearest store with this capabilities www.sprint.com/storelocator. Let me know if you need any further assistance, I am here for you.

*Andi R.
Sprint Social Care Team
Journeyman

No luck charging it today. My parents and I have taken this s3 device out to the Chattanooga, Tennessee service/ repair center and both times they have said they don't know why its not charging and there isn't really anything that they could do about it. I was like really?! So when my dad got back to his house he called sprint on the phone and they said the same thing but were getting snappy with him. And sprint wonders why their customers are switching providers. Its sad. I'm disabled and don't have the money to buy a new or refurbished phone online and my upgrade is in 4 weeks so they said I'll just have to pay my monthly bill for a phone that I can't even use because the stupid thing won't charge. Im thinking about switching services. I need a working phone that I'm paying for or else sprint won't get my money! This is just horrible customer service. I've been with sprint for 6 years now and my parents have been with sprint for almost 12 and this is how we're treated?

Master

arceles1,

I am sorry to see this! I would like to get in and see if there is something we can do. Can you please send us a private message with your full name, phone number and PIN code? We can research this issue and may have a few options. Let me know, I am here for you.

*Andi R.
Sprint Social Care Team
Journeyman

It won't let me private message you on a mobile phone. Like I said before I don't have a tree full of money. My phone is messed up that's why I'm talking to you. I don't have a computer. I'm using a friends phone to log into my account for support. Is there a way for you to contact me?

Journeyman

And to be perfectly honest and fair, I've readmmillions of people posts on here, Facebook and even videos on YouTube with this same exact problem and sprint doesn't want to help their customers unless they're getting paid for it.

Master

arceles1, we want to get this taken care of for you! Unfortunately, we are only able to receive messages. Is there any way you can get access to a computer? Or if somehow you are able to use email, you can send us a email at Sprintcares@sprint.com with your phone number and account PIN. Let us know. We want to get this resolved. *Sarah W Social Care
Journeyman

I prefer samsung service available on the samsung website under support.it's free if your phone is under warranty.if not still cheaper than insurance.and the have free second day air.or you may b lucky and have a samsung service center in your town

Community News

Sprint S.M.A.R.T Agents
Sprint S.M.A.R.T Agent are here to help Monday through Friday 6:00 AM CT - 6:00 PM CT. If you need to speak to an agent outside of these hours, please visit Sprint Chat