cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

samsung galaxy s3s nd8 kitkat update signal issues

Highlighted
Journeyman

samsung galaxy s3s nd8 kitkat update signal issues

I have used the update for profile and prl and done the ## code to update all of it and I'm stuck in 3g 9/10ths of the time lte comes back on for a few minutes then its back to 3g to be honest I pay my bill and I keep getting these issues I called sprint andiI'm told there are no problems with the towers so sprint you tell me what's going on cause if it ain't the towers then its something with 4.3 and 4.4 firmware when I was on 4.1.2 I did not have these problems then now its constant and I want answers I'm a very dissatisfied customer at this moment

25 REPLIES 25
Highlighted
Master

Re: samsung galaxy s3s nd8 kitkat update signal issues

wolfalien, Thanks for bringing this to our attention. I am truly sorry you're having this issue and would like to help. Is this happening everywhere there's LTE or is it isolated to a specific area? So that I can alert our network team, please provide the zip code and cross streets. In the meantime, please ensure 4G is turned on by going to: Settings>More Networks>Mobile Networks>Network mode>Select LTE/CDMA. If this option is already selected, then select CDMA. The phone will power off. When the phone comes back on, repeat the steps and re-select LTE/CDMA. Keep me posted. Lavauna-Sprint Social Care Team
Highlighted
Journeyman

I have had this problem all over 39440 area doesn't matter if I'm sitting right next to a tower I'm running 3g almost the whole time

Highlighted
Journeyman

4g is enabled and has been did as you said and the zip code I live at where I use to get great signal all the time is 39440 cross streets are 14th ave and 12th street I believe it is

Highlighted
Master

wolfalien, Thanks for responding. I have checked the towers in the area and alerted our network team. Since you have done the basic troubleshooting steps and the issue is still unresolved, I would suggest taking the phone into the Sprint repair store for a diagnostic test on the antenna. For better service indoors, please refer to www.sprint.com/airave. Lavauna-Sprint Social Care Team
Highlighted
Journeyman

No it don't need to be checked for Attena issues its your towers causes its funny that yalls signal was fine til you launched the galaxy s5 and the spark tri band signals in your towers your not talking to a nit wit I know a lot about android and technology try again with someone that don't know as much as I do

Highlighted
Master

wolfalien,

I would highly recommend taking your device into a Sprint Service & repair center since none of the towers in zip 39440 are Sprint Spark enabled and neither is your device. There are no immediate issues with these towers that could be causing this, and because it happens everywhere you go, this strongly indicates a possible issue with the handset.

Sincerely,

KC
Sprint Social Care
Highlighted
Journeyman

this is good as gravy you still not realize i have said 2 galaxy s3's so your telling me both the phones are having this issue your also telling me friends of mine having other phones having the same issue is all antenna issues i highly doubt that to be honest yall need better tech reps for your towers as well as some better towers im extremely disgusted with sprint and to be honest maybe this tells me i should move on to a new company that will do me better cause all i see is that there is something wrong and it aint my antenna its funny cause its NOT just my s3's having the trouble but you persist on antenna diagnostics i swear waist of my time and money

Highlighted
Journeyman

This has been happening to me in california 92394 as well. Ever since I updated to ND8 I have not been able to keep 4g for more than about 10 or 15 minutes then it goes to 3g for hours.

Highlighted
Master

Rwn1987

Thank you for bringing this to our attention, I have looked into the 92394 area and I'm showing that enhancements to the 3g service have been compete. Techs are in the process if 4g LTE upgrades as we speak this could be the reason why you are getting a stronger 3g signal. I recommend keeping your device on CDMA only till your market is complete. You can follow the progress of your area on sprint.com/network. May I ask have you done a hard reset on the device? I also would take it into a service center to have it tested.

Thank you

*Randi
Sprint Social Care
Highlighted
Journeyman

I an having the same issue. We have 2 s3's, one with the kitkat update and one without. The one that hasn't received the update yet has no problems staying connected to 4lte. My phone, which has the update will connect to 4lte for about 5 mins then drop to 3G and stay there. I did not have this issue until my phone was updated 2 weeks ago. There is no way my antenna is messed up. I have done all of the trouble shooting listed above and still sitting here with 3G. Let me stress, it only happened after the update. Before that I had zero problem connect to 4llet. Zip is 32506, cross streets are Fairfield  dr and Lillian hwy.

Highlighted
Master

drmrboy74,

Have you tried toggling between Airplane mode?

Jessica
Sprint Social Care Team
Community News

Need Help? 
Please try Searching the Community, we have many questions already answered, you can also check out the Knowledge base.
If you have an account question you can create a post and one of our Social Care Agents will help you.
If you need immediate assistance please visit Sprint Chat