cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

scratched gorilla glass - I am dissapointed!

Journeyman

scratched gorilla glass - I am dissapointed!

I had many phones before like the two faced samsung phone, htc hero, htc evo and now the S3.

for 6 years none of my old phones had scratches. None of them had gorilla glass, yet as soon as I bought a phone with the "awesome" gorilla glass I have a scratch on the middle. The phone is two months old so i dont think Sprint would replace it. But I thing they should or stop advertising that the gorilla glass is any good. Can you imagine your expensive run flat tires are actually wont work when they go flat? You would be pissed, right?

I am extra dissapointed because I always took care of my phones, Never had anything next to it in my pocket.

17 REPLIES 17
Highlighted
Journeyman

Re: scratched gorilla glass - I am dissapointed!

is the @ngry or pi$$ed word had to censored???

Journeyman

I've tried using a knife on my galaxy s3 and it didnt get a single scratch so I don't know what you're talking about. Could it be that your screen protector is scratched? Also, if you aren't using a screen protector, why would you not use a screen protector on a $600 phone when they cost like $3? It's common sense.

Wizard

I've had gorilla glass scratch on me. I still don't use screen covers even after scratching a few screens. I guess I've done ok without them. Gotta be prepared for accidents though.

Journeyman

Oh please stop telling me about common sense when your first sentence is about you trying to get the screen scratched with a knife.

As I said. I had 3 other phones for 6 years without any problem. Always took good care of those phones. If I'd had scratch on all of them believe me I would have bought a screen protector for this phone already.

I dont even like screen protectors that much anyway.

Journeyman

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nFdJOBOI3lY

If a knife can't scratch the screen, don't complain if you scratched it. They're made to not be scarched by common objects, it's your fault for

Wizard

Ok, their screen got accidentally scratched. It's unfortunate but it happened. Im sure OP prob doesn't need blame pointed. More of a live and learn.

Journeyman

"If a knife can't scratch the screen, don't complain if you scratched it"

Oh please.... Don't blame me. I am not that stupid to try to scratch my phone even if other people on youtube trying to scratch their phones.

This is why I am pissed because im pamper the phone as much as possible and yet it still scratched while my other 3 phones never had a scratch.

Screen protector???????? its defeiting the purpose of having expensive gorilla glass on my phone!

Sorry to hear about your scratch. I know you don't want to use a screen protector but they do work and now there are some very impressive ones on the market. For me I look at it from the Murphy's law standpoint so I immediately get a cover on my phone, even that's not a guarantee but I feel better. If you Google search glass screen protectors you will see a variety of actual glass one's ( glass T, Spectre, Seidio etc.) out there. Anyway just my 2 cents, Rick

Journeyman

I'm sorry bought your phone but i agree 110%, My S3 screen is cracked, it only fell from about a height of 2ft!!!! I'm super pissed, the screen doesnt work now and samsung wont fix it under warranty cause its cracked.....So much for so called Gorilla glass and so much for samsung backing up what they advertise.

Journeyman

I'm sorry bought your phone but i agree 110%, My S3 screen is cracked, it only fell from about a height of 2ft!!!! I'm super pissed, the screen doesnt work now and samsung wont fix it under warranty cause its cracked.....So much for so called Gorilla glass and so much for samsung backing up what they advertise.

Journeyman

Community News

Sprint S.M.A.R.T Agents
Sprint S.M.A.R.T Agent are here to help Monday through Sunday 6:00 AM CT - 6:00 PM CT. If you need to speak to an agent outside of these hours, please visit Sprint Chat