Sprint Community is currently read-only. Please use the My Sprint app or Sprint.com to manage your account. If you need assistance, please visit Sprint.com/chat
Sprint Community is currently read-only. Please use the My Sprint app or Sprint.com to manage your account. If you need assistance, please visit Sprint.com/chat
Sprint Community
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

sd card on 4.4

Highlighted
Journeyman

sd card on 4.4

Just letting anyone know, my phone updated to 4.4 and now I barely have 4g where it was fine before. There is also still WIFI problems that my be worse and I can't copy to my SD card. Other than that it works fine. If anyone has any info on fixing the SD card issue let me know.

7 REPLIES 7
Highlighted
Journeyman

Re: sd card on 4.4

With regards to the sd card, Google changed how Android uses permissions to use the card, http://m.androidcentral.com/kitkat-sdcard-changes

Highlighted
Journeyman

My SD card was totally wiped.  😞

Highlighted
Master

chuckodonut1,

Thank you for reaching out and bringing this to our attention. I'd like to check the local network and see if LTE is impaired in the area. Can you please provide a set of nearby cross streets that you frequent often along with a zip code so I can check it out? Do you experience issues with Wi-Fi at your home or everywhere you attempt to use Wi-Fi? Also, have you gotten a chance to take your device into a service and repair store? The SD card may be corrupted. Keep me posted.

Regards,

Audrey

Sprint Social Care Team
Highlighted
Journeyman

12th street and 1st rd 08037. Also the wifi is eveywhere I go. The sd card was fine when I had 4.3. Thanks!

Highlighted
Journeyman

Just realized my update is the dnd8 not cnd8. Is there a way to get the cnd8 update. Things may work better?

Journeyman

It's the same update, one is ota from Sprint, other is built from files Samsung released for the update.

And did you look at the link I posted? The whole sd card thing has to do with the update.

Highlighted
Journeyman

Yeah thanks, kind of stinks but understandable.

Community News

Our Community is currently set to Read Only due the pandemic's affect on our staffing .
Please try Searching the Community, we have many questions already answered, you can also check out the Knowledge base
If you need immediate assistance please visit Sprint Chat