cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

unable to make handsfree calls when the screen is off / locked unless "screen lock" set to "swipe" or "motion" which are not secure

Highlighted

unable to make handsfree calls when the screen is off / locked unless "screen lock" set to "swipe" or "motion" which are not secure

i want to be able to use my bluetooth headset to make handsfree calls thru my s3 when the screen is off / locked when the "screen lock" is set to "pattern". 

if the s3 screen is unlocked and i press the bluetooth headset call button then the s voice opens.  this is good.

if i have the "screen lock" set to "swipe" or "motion" and i have the "wake up in lock screen" enabled and the s3 screen is locked and i press the bluetooth headset call button then the s voice opens.  this is good. 

unfortunately, the "wake up in lock screen" option is unavailable when the s3 "screen lock" is set to anything other than "swipe" or "motion".  swipe and motion are not secure. 

i have tried several apps to work around this, including "bluetooth launch", "cyberon voice" ($6), and "bluetooth app launcher" ($2) but all have fallen short.  how do we request sprint and/or samsung to fix this?  i really don't want to go thru the hassle of rooting my s3 - mainly because sprint and/or samsung make it so hard to perform software updates thereafter. 

i am pretty sure that samsung made this decision because i have seen people in verizon's forum complaining as well. 

i currently have jelly bean installed but this problem exisited when ice cream sandwich was installed. 

thanks

scott

40 REPLIES 40
Highlighted
Journeyman

Hi All,

After reading through this post, I tried a few things myself. I have GSIII (with JB (4.1.2)) and use My MotoSpeak with my BT Motorola HX550 ear piece.

Following the advice of a previous poster, I disabled S-Voice. I then set my security to a PIN.

I checked the default voice program  (under Settings, Language and Input) and it threw an error. So I shut the phone off and cold booted it.

I then connected to the phone with my ear piece and made a call. The security screen popped up but did not unlock. I unlocked it and MotoSpeak started.

I hung up the call and redialed it. I was then prompted to select a program and chose My MotoSpeak, setting it as 'Always'. One more prompt popped up to change default settings and all was golden. I can now make calls on my BT ear piece and do not have to unlock the phone.

Hope this helps some of you,

Chris

Highlighted
Journeyman
Highlighted
Journeyman

Solution:

1. Open Phone dialer

2. click on 3 dots for "Settings"

3. choose "Call"

4. choose "Call Accessories"

5. choose "Outgoing call conditions"

6. choose "Even when screen is locked"

DONE!

Highlighted
Master

wolfandhoff,

Thank you for your contribution to this post. Please let us know how we can be of assistance. - Joseph
Sprint Social Care
Highlighted
Master

wolfandhoff,
Thank you for the useful tip! We are here if you need assistance. - Yannick
Sprint Social Care
Community News

Our Community is BACK!!
Hours of Operations are 7AM - 8PM CST. Please try Searching the Community, we have many questions already answered, you can also check out the Knowledge base
If you need immediate assistance after hours please visit Sprint Chat