cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

what was todays GS3 update about??

Highlighted
Journeyman

what was todays GS3 update about??

Does anyone know what todays Gs3 update was...... I thought it was getting Andriod 4.1.1 but the version is still the same.

11 REPLIES 11
Highlighted
Wizard

Re: what was todays GS3 update about??

It is a software patch to help with:

- Inclusion of SWYPE keyboard

- Improved LTE connectivity

- SMS Messaging improvements

- EAS sync improvements

Highlighted
Journeyman

What LTE connectivity??? Where????? When???? How???? 😛 its killing my battery BTW..... no way I am going to get a full day of normal usage.

Highlighted
Wizard

It is designed to fix the bugs in the mentioned areas above, are you in a LTE market?

Highlighted
Journeyman

no... hence the sarcastic remarks about LTE connectivity or lack thereof 😛

Highlighted
Wizard

I am sorry, hard to tell through text 🙂

Highlighted
Journeyman

Huh.  I wondered what the update was about, too.  I just did it this morning and noticed my battery life took a HUGE nose dive since.  I've barely picked it up today (light texting, mostly) after charging over night and I'm sitting at 30% batterly life 9 hours after unplugging from the charger.  I used to get about 1-1/2 days of battery w/heavier usage.  Also, if it was supposed to fix some SMS bugs, I can't see it.  In fact, I've had more message fail to send today than ever before.  Ridiculously annoying.  And I'm not in an LTE area, either.  Can't say I'm impressed. 

Highlighted
Journeyman

JuiceDefender Ultimate!  My battery was no where near as good before the update, I installed that and now my batter lasts from 8am-12midnight.  Texting, FB, phone calls, etc.

Highlighted
Journeyman

Okay... how do I revert back to before the update. I took my phone off the plug 2 hours ago and havn't touched it and I am at %68 battery WTF gives?!?!

Highlighted
Journeyman

It's definitely just a software patch, but it has effectively killed the awesome battery life I was getting as well as causing more of my sms messages to fail to send.  I'm extremely dissapointed mainly because of the battery issue as they had to fix that once, and now a new update seemingly undoes that?  whats the point of rolling out updates like this if it causes more problems than it fixes? I just want to restore my phone to the state it was in last week.

Highlighted
Journeyman

*smacks forehead*  Just went to a football game where I tried to text my daughter repeatedly to make sure she was ok.  Message after message failed to send.  Also randomly started roaming while *sitting in the same spot I had been for over an hour*!  How, Sprint, does that happen?  Not to mention my battery is shot.  Again.  And to think I traded in my Evo 4g b/c the battery life sucked monkey butt.  This is worse.  😕

Highlighted
Journeyman

My SGS3 must be some kind of anomaly cuz 2 days after receiving the update I've had the best battery life yet, 3 hours 51 minutes of screen on time before the battery dropped below 10%. Overnight if I charge it then leave it off the charger all night it will drop a total of 4% with 4G on.

Community News

Our Community is BACK!!
Hours of Operations are 7AM - 8PM CST. Please try Searching the Community, we have many questions already answered, you can also check out the Knowledge base
If you need immediate assistance after hours please visit Sprint Chat