Community Manager

Software Update: Samsung Galaxy S9+ (G956U) 06/05/2018

Samsung - Galaxy S9+ (SM-G965U)

Software Version:

G965USQU2ARE6

Release Date: 06/5/2018
Method: Available Over the Air + OEM Tool

Fixes:

March to May 2018 Security updates and other bug fixes.

19 REPLIES
Journeyman

Re: Software Update: Samsung Galaxy S9+ (G956U) 06/05/2018

any word on when 8.1 will be available? ty

GrandMaster

is there something specific in 8.1 that you are looking for?

I like many others come onto this site for assistance and to help others. Marking a reply as helpful or correct helps others with like issues when they try to search the site for assistance. I do not work for Sprint and my suggestions and or opinions are my own. *************************************************************************************************************
Journeyman

Community Manager

I have not heard.  I've heard some have been spotted in the wild on bench tests. And May security updates have already been released.

Wizard

It's raining updates up in here......

New one out today ....ARF9

GrandMaster

security patch or was it fixing something? did it say?

I like many others come onto this site for assistance and to help others. Marking a reply as helpful or correct helps others with like issues when they try to search the site for assistance. I do not work for Sprint and my suggestions and or opinions are my own. *************************************************************************************************************
Wizard

"The security of your device was updated" 

That's all they ever really say. Still on Android 8.0.0 and still on June 1, 2018 Security Patch. 

GrandMaster

odd...wonder what the push was.

Community Manager

Wizard

I have no clue, but I have found some lingering bugs that still are irksome if anyone can pass them on to the powers that be.....

#1. Autobrightness is really, really wonky for me. It's all over the place. I've told it to forget my patterns and re-learn again several times, but it's very bright when it's dark and unreadable in the bright light. 

#2. and this is a biggie at least for me. For some reason when I'm taking a bunch of photos in landscape orientation OR a burst mode in landscape, every 3rd or so photo is rotated portrait (ie, sideways). It really, really, really screws up any sort of gif or animation I want to make of the scene. It happens on my wife's S9 also, so it might be more wide spread?? It's really frustrating. 

GrandMaster

is the eye strain option turned off or on? at least i think it was called eye strain..something to do with muting certain colors etc.

Community News

Sprint S.M.A.R.T Agents
Sprint S.M.A.R.T Agent are here to help Monday through Friday 6:30 AM CT - 5:00 PM CT. If you need to speak to an agent outside of these hours, please visit Sprint Chat