Samsung Galaxy S4 Software Update - MJA

Enhancements/Fixes

- Galaxy Gear Compatibility

- Samsung KNOXTM secure environment compatibility

- Zact Mobile compatibility

- Android 4.3 Jelly Bean update

Important Notes

- Software version is MJA

- Refer to the Samsung Galaxy S4 Software Updates article in Support for install instructions

14 REPLIES
Wizard

Re: 10/30 - Samsung Galaxy S4 Software Update - MJA

Might want to pin this topic and remove the old topics related to the old updates.

Journeyman

Any idea when they are going to start rolling out?

Journeyman

Since they roll the update out in waves it could possibly still be tonight or you could get it tomorrow I still have not received my update neither.

Journeyman

All day yesterday I kept going to system update and searching to see if it recognized an update to no avail.  I tried a couple restarts, power off/on's, RAM clears, battery pulls but nothing worked.  I also tried Kies but it didn't see an update.  I read a comment on an article I think from android police to clear data and cache from google services framework.  the comment said it worked for a couple people, but they had to do the cache clear like 15-20 times.  Well, I did it three times and it worked.  The update showed up and installed last night 9pm MDT.

1. Go to Settings>More>Application manager.  2. Swipe to the right to display the "ALL" tab.  3. Scroll down to Google Services Framework and clear cache and data.  4.Then go to system update and do a check now for update.

Keep repeating the above steps and you may just be in luck.  That's how I believe I received the update faster than if I were to have waited for it to push from Sprint.

After the update installed, I did a factory reset.  (Why did I do this?)  This is what I normally do after receiving an update.  It really poses no hassle for me to do this and re sign-in to everything including re-downloading all my apps and personalizing all my settings again.  I find my phone always runs much better after a factory reset.  Battery lasts longer, no phone freezes, not slow running, etc.

There has been some speculation that the update news is wrong because of the small number of people reporting they received the update.  I promise you I have it (4.3 MJA update) and this is real!

Journeyman

Finally am getting the update since I forced it. It took 2 days and several times doing what arclapper mentioned.

Journeyman

The update to Android 4.3 rendered my SD card useless. The card does not even show as installed. I see problems with reading/writing to the SD card on the Galaxy S4 going back to August on the internet. Why was this not fixed before rolling out this update? I want my pictures back.

Journeyman

I read that you can install the update through Kies

Journeyman

Same here. I followed the steps mentioned above several times and the update screen popped up. Downloading update now!

Journeyman

I had the same problem with my card. To fix this, just reformat the SD card to FAT32 (the update sometimes doesn't agree with an SD card formatted as exFAT [a lot of SD cards come in this format]).

Community News

Community News

Find out whats happening on the bridge, we'll share new features and fun on the community as well as exciting news from the mothership...read more.