cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

10/30 - Samsung Galaxy S4 Software Update - MJA

14 REPLIES
Journeyman

Re: 10/30 - Samsung Galaxy S4 Software Update - MJA

I hadn't noticed anything different or not working correctly with 4.3 until now. Last night I tried using my camera (stock camera app) for the first time since the update. When I opened the camera it stated it was doing a software update which took almost 2 minutes on WiFi. After taking the picture I would receive a message stating that the pic could not be stored on the SD card because device storage was the default setting. I tried finding the pic on the device but couldn't. I changed the default setting for the camera from device to SD card and tried to retake the pic but the same message appeared. I went back into settings to find that the phone had changed the default back to device. I tried this several more times with the same results, no pic anywhere on the phone and camera storage changed to device. Tried all of the usual recommended fixes (restarting phone, removing battery ect) and received the same results.

This morning I tried downloading a pdf file. The download would start but would immediately receive a download unsuccessful message. Once again the default storage setting was set to device and not SD card. Changed the setting and while it has not changed it self back to device it still wouldn't download. I tried downloading a video as well as an apk file with the same results.

Journeyman

Worked for me - update downloading now.   Thanks

Journeyman

I just tried arclapper's steps this morning. It downloaded the update on the 2nd try of clearing the Google services framework.

Journeyman

I have this problem, when I uopdate with 4.3 Jellybean some apps stop working, I unistalled and re installed and they still not working

Journeyman

Does anyone have issues with the new Jellybean 4.3?

Journeyman

I had the same problem with my card. To fix this, just reformat the SD card to FAT32 (the update sometimes doesn't agree with an SD card formatted as exFAT [a lot of SD cards come in this format]).

Journeyman

Same here. I followed the steps mentioned above several times and the update screen popped up. Downloading update now!

Journeyman

I read that you can install the update through Kies

Journeyman

The update to Android 4.3 rendered my SD card useless. The card does not even show as installed. I see problems with reading/writing to the SD card on the Galaxy S4 going back to August on the internet. Why was this not fixed before rolling out this update? I want my pictures back.

Journeyman

Finally am getting the update since I forced it. It took 2 days and several times doing what arclapper mentioned.