Device name Software Update -  L720VPUFNAE

Enhancements/Fixes

- OS upgrade to Android 4.4 (Kit Kat)

- Zact Mobile compatibility (It's On)

- Prevention Pop-up removal

Important Notes

- Software version is L720VPUFNAE

- This update will roll-out in a phased manner from 2/13 - 3/9

- Refer to the Samsung Galaxy S4 Software Update article in Support for install instructions

47 REPLIES
Journeyman

Re: 2/13 - Samsung Galaxy S4 Software Update - L720VPUFNAE

this article you specified doesnot talk about 4.4 Update.

Journeyman

Journeyman

Release date for KitKat on that page show "02/13/2013" ... 2013?

Journeyman

I tried to update but it says my system is up to date, even though I am on 4.3. How do I get it to update?

Master

it rolls out in phases, depended from your Serial or IME# (not sure anymore)

I come here trying to help people and I'm NOT employed by Sprint, so If my reply helped you or if you get an answer to your question from other users, PLEASE mark it as solved.
Journeyman

This is from XDA i have upload this OTA file to my SPH-L720 and it works fine. You can find the full forum here

Android Kit Kat 4.4.2 Update for Sprint Galaxy S4 - Page 6 - xda-developers

SPH-L720 4.4.2. OTA File

http://android.clients.google.com/packages/ota/sprint_samsung_l720/8069446ccb676c347a698e64b2df33882...

Journeyman

is this legitimate or should I just wait for the OTA?

Master

Do you have to be rooted to load 4.4 from XDA or you can instal from SD card?

I come here trying to help people and I'm NOT employed by Sprint, so If my reply helped you or if you get an answer to your question from other users, PLEASE mark it as solved.
Journeyman

Not looking good for the people who bought the new triband mk5 model all they mention is mk2. guess that's what I get for getting the newest "best" model

Journeyman

This is the file that gets pulled from google.com and goes through sprint to get the OTA so it's the direct source. You must be on MK2 all stock firmware and stock recovery with no root. Copy the file to your SD card and the boot in to stock recovery and search for the file on your SD card and it will take like 5 to 15 mins to install(maybe longer). Make sure you have a full battery and do not interrupt the install or you will brick you phone. Also this update will give you KNOX and you CAN NOT downgrade back to 4.3 or 4.2.2 as of yet.

Master

I'm sure they will roll it out for mk5 models also, but since it is a different device (even though its the same name), it will have a different roll out date.

Community News

Sprint S.M.A.R.T Agents
Sprint S.M.A.R.T Agent are here to help Monday through Sunday 6:00 AM CT - 10:00 PM CT. If you need to speak to an agent outside of these hours, please visit Sprint Chat