cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

2/13 - Samsung Galaxy S4 Software Update - L720VPUFNAE

Journeyman

Re: 2/13 - Samsung Galaxy S4 Software Update - L720VPUFNAE

ahno wrote:

Will there be an update or fix for the sd card cause if not I be installing the kitkat update.

It's not an issue. The SD Card change was done intentionally in KitKat by Google. The only way to allow 3rd party apps access to the SD Card as of now is rooting and putting the permission back. Otherwise it will be up to Google to reverse it's decision or Samsung to just be non-compliant.

Master

AllenChicago-

Thank you for posting on Sprint.com, thank you to MahlonP for assisting with the answer to your question.

To add to your second post of not receiving the KitKat update, you will receive an over the air push (OTA) directly from Samsung within the upcoming weeks. 

Thank you for your time.

Stephanie C

Sprint Social Care

Master

Ahno

Hello,

Unfortunately, software updates are administered by the make of the phone. We have not heard anything about it at this time. You can check sprint.com/newsroom for any announcements about this. Please let me know if you have any other questions.

Roxana
Sprint Social Care
Journeyman

I was wondering if any one in the DC/Maryland/Virginia area has received the OTA 4.4.2 S4 update?

Journeyman

Please ease my mind by affirming that the S4 KitKat interface will NOT look like the newly released S5 interface.  From what I've seen, the S5 icons look flat, drab and cartoonish, just like my wife's I-Phone screen does.   Why a company would ditch richly colored, 3 dimension icons, is beyond me.  Are customers really demanding this change, or is Samsung trying to emulate Apple?  If so, big mistake IMO.

-Allen

Master

JVICKREY1,

These upgrades are sent out systematically over the network, This is not by location. The update will be on your phone soon. I know waiting is a pain.

Sean L
Social Care
Journeyman

Any word on whether this fixes the wireless connection bug?

Journeyman

I am soooooo very tired of having to wait a month for the updates.  WTF?  Every time there's an update, I have to wait.  There should be a standard way to manually update for those of us that are impatient.  just sayin' 

Master

JEWELS53195,

They are all pushed out systematically to avoid all the users downloading it once and then causing an issue.

Dania

Social Care

Highlighted
Journeyman

Not just your phone.  I am having HUGE issues with drag time.  Sometimes, when I press the start button to wake the phone up, it literally takes 60 to 90 seconds before the screen lights up, and the same happens most of the time when I try to enter my passcode to unlock the phone: screen is unresponsive for sometimes up to 2 minutes.

Besides lag time issues, here are the other problems that have occurred since the update:

- Apps were deleted during the update (at least 18 that I have noticed thus far).

- WiFi cuts in and out.

- The battery drains at almost twice the speed as it did previously.

- Many contacts lost personalized information (ringtones, pictures, grouping).

- Bluetooth has intermittent issues with connections.

This update needs another update with a lot of fixes.

Master

Pafriedm

Thank you for posting the details of the issues that you are experiencing with you device. I am sure that we will be receiving a patch to address any bugs related to the software update. We will keep you posted as to their release.

Omar
Sprint Social Care
Journeyman

I am having some of the same issues.  The wake/sleep button has serious lag time.  Most of the time I receive a text I unlock the screen and it stays blank.  I have had the phone lock up twice and have had to remove the battery to get it to restart.  Tried a factory reset and it helped for the first 15-20 minutes but went right back to glitching.  I was much happier with the 4.3 software.  Please reply any info on a patch. 

Community News

Sprint S.M.A.R.T Agents
Sprint S.M.A.R.T Agent are here to help Monday through Friday 6:00 AM CT - 6:00 PM CT. If you need to speak to an agent outside of these hours, please visit Sprint Chat