Sprint Community is Read Only. Please use the My Sprint app or Sprint.com to manage your account. If you need assistance, please visit Sprint.com/chat or visit community.t-mobile.com
Sprint Community is Read Only. Please use the My Sprint app or Sprint.com to manage your account. If you need assistance, please visit Sprint.com/chat or visit community.t-mobile.com
Sprint Community
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

2/13 - Samsung Galaxy S4 Software Update - L720VPUFNAE

2/13 - Samsung Galaxy S4 Software Update - L720VPUFNAE

Device name Software Update -  L720VPUFNAE

Enhancements/Fixes

- OS upgrade to Android 4.4 (Kit Kat)

- Zact Mobile compatibility (It's On)

- Prevention Pop-up removal

Important Notes

- Software version is L720VPUFNAE

- This update will roll-out in a phased manner from 2/13 - 3/9

- Refer to the Samsung Galaxy S4 Software Update article in Support for install instructions

47 REPLIES 47
Master

So Zack mobile will be an added app or just that the phone will be compatible to be switched to Zack, and did this update bring back the data on/off button for the notification panel?

I come here trying to help people and I'm NOT employed by Sprint, so If my reply helped you or if you get an answer to your question from other users, PLEASE mark it as solved.
Journeyman

Works great! Nothing major, but it works really smooth, and it looks much cleaner. It's safe to say it's worth waiting for it. It really hasn't wowed me per say.

Master

ace2duce1

WoW! 

Thank you for all the information provided.

I am sure many users the information and links provided by you quite helpful.

Zena

Social Care Team

Journeyman

Is the "Samsung Galaxy S4 Refresh device" another obscure way of saying the SPH-L720T  (GS4T) Tri-band / Spark?

Master

SturgeonGeneral

The Refresh Device would in fact be the Samsung Galaxy s4 Mini, We have obtained no word as of yet for when the update would be available for that device. 

Zena

Social Care Team

Journeyman

So if device is rooted, we will not get update?

Journeyman

A bit confused here.  There seem to be 2 updates for the GS4 that have been released in the past 6 days.

1.  The 4.4.2 KitKat update on 2/14/2014.

2.  The "Refresh" update, which was released today, 2/20/2014, according to the Sprint S4 Support log.

(Argh!  this website just hiccuped and deleted the 4 lines of text above this one!  Oh well, I'm not typing all that again, so..... )      S4 versions and not all of them are receiving updates.  I've even read that there's a new S4 that started integrating into the supply channel which comes with special antennas that boost the phone's data transfer/internet speed by 8 times!  This phone will not get the KitKat update for some time, according to a few of the forums.  I come to the horse's mouth (this Sprint website) for definitive answers and end up more confused.   Following the Sprint tutorial to check for updates yields "no update is available".   Could it be because I got my Blue GS4 from Best Buy for free on Black Friday?  LOL.

-Allen in Chicago

Journeyman

AllenChicago wrote:

A bit confused here.  There seem to be 2 updates for the GS4 that have been released in the past 6 days.

1.  The 4.4.2 KitKat update on 2/14/2014.

2.  The "Refresh" update, which was released today, 2/20/2014, according to the Sprint S4 Support log.

(Argh!  this website just hiccuped and deleted the 4 lines of text above this one!  Oh well, I'm not typing all that again, so..... )      S4 versions and not all of them are receiving updates.  I've even read that there's a new S4 that started integrating into the supply channel which comes with special antennas that boost the phone's data transfer/internet speed by 8 times!  This phone will not get the KitKat update for some time, according to a few of the forums.  I come to the horse's mouth (this Sprint website) for definitive answers and end up more confused.  Following the Sprint tutorial to check for updates yields "no update is available".  Could it be because I got my Blue GS4 from Best Buy for free on Black Friday?  LOL.

-Allen in Chicago

- The SGS4 -Spark LTE (SPH-L720T) is the newer model released a few months ago. It's just now picking up headway. Spark itself, however, is still in it's infancy, only in a few markets. It's update (NAF) was released today: SGS4 Spark LTE Model Updates

- Updates are rolled out in batches by serial number. Checking for updates will only work once your device has made it to the update list.

Master

I'm not sure if it is just my phone, but I'm seeing a huge lag in the phone performance after a period of time of usage, RAM and ROM looks good, no apps running (no BT, GPS, multi windows and other cool things open) and no new apps installed since the update (with the old ones updated). the Lag I'm talking is huge, 6 sec or more, and sometimes if I try to open an app from the main screen,  it will appear it is open, but instead of the app I still see the main screen, and unless I hit the home button, it will be stuck like that.

I really don't want to do a factory update.

I come here trying to help people and I'm NOT employed by Sprint, so If my reply helped you or if you get an answer to your question from other users, PLEASE mark it as solved.
Journeyman

MahlonP, Thank-you for explaining the difference between the "Refresh" and the KitKat update.  I still haven't received the KitKat, even after checking for updates 2 to 3 times per day.  I suppose my handset serial number is not in any of the updated batch files so far.  Since I've never been in the early batches with any phone since 1994, I won't become overly concerned unless KitKat hasn't been received by the March 9th deadline.

-Allen

Journeyman

Will there be an update or fix for the sd card cause if not I be installing the kitkat update.

Master

Hi Issac99

Unfortunately, once the phone is rooted, it will not receive over the air software updates. This is because the phone comes programmed to receive pushes from the carrier/manufacturer and rooting disables that function.

Robin

Community News

Please try Searching the Community, we have many questions already answered, you can also check out the Knowledge base
If you need immediate assistance after hours please visit Sprint Chat