Samsung Galaxy S4 REFRESH Software Update -  L720TVPUBNAF

Enhancements/Fixes

- OS upgrade to Android 4.4 (Kit Kat)

- Zact Mobile compatibility (It's On)

- Prevention Pop-up removal

Important Notes

- Software version is L720TVPUBNAF

- This update will roll-out in a phased manner from 2/20 - 3/10

- Refer to the Samsung Galaxy S4 Software Update article in Support for install instructions

14 REPLIES 14
Highlighted
Journeyman

Some clarification would be nice. You posted this with the SPH-L720 (Standard model) software version format, but link to the SPH-L720T (Spark Model) update page. The standard model's page still stops at NAE. So, uh, who's getting what?

Highlighted
Journeyman

there are no install directions on the sprint site.. all it says is "If prompted that an update is available, follow the onscreen instructions to complete the installation." those are not instructions... that's pointing fingers and telling people to wait.

Highlighted
Journeyman

jkablik88 wrote:

there are no install directions on the sprint site.. all it says is "If prompted that an update is available, follow the onscreen instructions to complete the installation." those are not instructions... that's pointing fingers and telling people to wait.

Because waiting is all there is to installing it. Once you get the prompt that the update is available to you, the "onscreen instructions" tell you to click and install. It's not a complex process that needs a walkthrough.

Highlighted
Journeyman

Good catch Mahlon

Highlighted
Master

MahlonP:

The instructions to check for updates are identical on the two devices.  This is true for both automatic updates as well as performing a manual check.  

Jon H.

Sprint Social Care Team 

Highlighted
Journeyman

So the spark model is going to receive the new 4.4.2 update as well, because according to sources and the update page on here the mk5 spark model isnt receiving it.

Highlighted
Master

@Dmercer926

Thanks for reaching out. You should be getting this update soon! It's already being pushed out. Let me know if you have any other questions of concerns.

Josmary

Sprint Social Care Team
Highlighted
Journeyman

@SprintCare The point I was making is that anyone who can read their device info knows the phone differences by looking for the "T" in the software/hardware name. The missing "T" above confuses the issue for anyone who quick glances at it and makes it look like this is an update to the original model, not the tri-band one. Because the T was left out of the software description, there were people who still didn't know this was for the Spark/Tri-Band model.

Sprint S4 (Original): L720VPUFxxx

Sprint S4 (Tri-Band): L720TVPUBxxx

Highlighted
Master

MahlonP:

Were you able to update your device?

Jon H.

Sprint Social Care Team
Highlighted
Sprint Product Ambassador

MahlonP - thanks for bringing this to our attention. I sent a request update the information and it has been updated. I apologize for any confusion this might have caused.

Thanks again

Blue

Disclaimer: I am NOT employed by Sprint, so If my reply helped or answered your question, PLEASE mark it as solved.
Highlighted
Journeyman

This "upgrade" has done nothing but ruin my brand new Samsung Galaxy S4! My phone was working perfectly before I stupidly allowed the new operating (killing) system to be installed! Now my screen stays black and I cannot open my phone at all unless I take out the battery and restart it (over, and over, and over!); some of the features , like "Smart Stay" and even the clock don't work anymore! Sorry if it seems as if I am yelling, but I am SO incredibly angry! Why on earth would Sprint have allowed this thing to go out and destroy people's phones??? Didn't anybody TEST it before throwing it out there??? I needed to call 911, and I had to borrow someone else's phone because mine was completely locked up from this thing!

Is there ANY way to put it BACK to the previous version?? (JellyBean)

Please help!!

Community News

Our Community is BACK!!
Hours of Operations are 7AM - 8PM CST. Please try Searching the Community, we have many questions already answered, you can also check out the Knowledge base
If you need immediate assistance after hours please visit Sprint Chat