cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

2 Questions After 4.4.2 Update

Highlighted
Wizard

2 Questions After 4.4.2 Update

I got the update this morning.  I didn't get that much damage after the update,  but I have 2 issues. First is the very annoying text messages and missed call messages popping up on my lockscreen. I used the Lockscreen Policy app from Play Store that prevented messages and all from showing when I had 4.3. It's not working with 4.4. I uninstalled, and installed a couple of times and still not working.

Next is Adobe Flash. WTF! Does it noy work on 4.4?! I'm using Dolphin browser. The only videos I can watch is on the Youtube app. Any suggestions are appreciated.

7 REPLIES 7
Highlighted
Master

MRVMRR3,

Thank you for contacting us.

I do apologize your experiencing issues on your phone.

When you uninstalled the 3rd party app, did you powercycle the device and then try to reinstall it?

Adobe flash should work in the google chrome browser, if it doesn't you can also find a 3rd party app that should allow this functionality.

If you have anymore questions let me know.

Thank you,

George M.
Sprint Social Care Team

Highlighted
Wizard

Thanks for the reply. I got Adobe Flash to work using Dolphin Browser. I had to activate the Jetpack, flash, and downloaded Adobe Flash after that from what I seen on another site. All vids are working. As for Lockscreen Policy, it's still not working. I did everything you mentioned a couple of times, including hard reset, took the battery out. Still nothing. Texts, missed calls, music is very annoying being on my lockscreen! As of now, I've been browsing all over the internet for a solution. It's not cool having messages on you lockscreen that can be seen or read. Talk about Samsung not thinking about privacy! I was hoping this update would get rid of that, but nope! My guess Lockscreen Policy isn't compatible with 4.4. 

Highlighted
Master

Hey MRVMRR3,

Thanks for all of your posts.

As we currently do not have this issue as a known issue with this update, we will ensure to provide this feedback accordingly.

Please keep in mind that you may adjust the notification settings individually on many apps of this device. Thanks!

Regards,

Giovanni R.
Sprint Social Care Team
Highlighted
Journeyman

Depending on what policies have changed within Kit Kat, you'll have to wait for the app developer to update to support it correctly on the S4. Report to them that your device is having an issue with it as a few apps have had to make changes for the S4 specifically on Kit Kat. Not sure if you've unchecked it, but there is an option in Messaging settings that controls the appearance of message previews on the status bar and lock screen.

Highlighted
Wizard

Mahlon, I was looking for contact info to get a hold of the app developer, and no luck. I tried those options you've mentioned, and that doesn't work. Notifications still appear. I even replaced my lockscreen with a different widget hoping to prevent that, it doesn't work, notifications appear, and what's even more frustrating is that when notifications appear, my lockscreen that I replaced defaults back to factory widget, when I only have the one. When I delete notifications, it goes back to my replacement lockscreen widget. This sucks!

Highlighted
Journeyman

The lockscreen moves any messages to the center by design regardless of which widgets you have where. I'm surprised the setting in Messaging didn't help though. The only other way around it may be a third party lock screen app (not widget) to replace Samsung's until you can find a way to reach that developer. The folks at XDA may also have some non-intrusive options if you ask while referencing the app you already had.

Highlighted
Wizard

Nothing in messaging setting didn't work. I looked all over on XDA, and the best, and only solution is to replace Samsung's lockscreen with another lockscreen app.

Community News

Our Community is BACK!!
Hours of Operations are 7AM - 8PM CST. Please try Searching the Community, we have many questions already answered, you can also check out the Knowledge base
If you need immediate assistance after hours please visit Sprint Chat