Sprint Community is currently read-only. Please use the My Sprint app or Sprint.com to manage your account. If you need assistance, please visit Sprint.com/chat
Sprint Community is currently read-only. Please use the My Sprint app or Sprint.com to manage your account. If you need assistance, please visit Sprint.com/chat
Sprint Community
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

32gb & 64gb S4 coming! (so I've been told)

Highlighted
Journeyman

32gb & 64gb S4 coming! (so I've been told)

Like many of us, I've been waiting for an S4 bigger than 16gb.

In the last 2 weeks, I've been told by:

• 1 phone-based customer care rep
  • 2 in-store reps (different stores)
  • a Sprint store manager

That the 32gb & 64gb is coming.   Of course, they didn't know when. 

Reps at both stores said that they will be online order only, but can be picked up at a store if you'd like. 

One store rep said that a Samsung rep was in the store recently and briefed the employees.  She thought it was available online already & seemed confused when she couldn't find it.

Quoted cost will be $100 more for the 32gb & $200 more for the 64gb. 

I can't wait much longer.  About to get the HTC One.  I really don't want to, but I just can't hold out longer with my original EVO.

Anyone else have any news???

KC Bob

14 REPLIES 14
Highlighted
Wizard

Re: 32gb & 64gb S4 coming! (so I've been told)

I got my S4 about a week ago, right after VZW announced their 32GB version was coming.  I figured that it wouldn't be long before Sprint might offer it.  HOWEVER, Sprint's version was already super expensive, I didn't want to spend another $100 on 16GB of storage when I could add a 64GB SD card for $45. I'm saving my pennies for the TRI-Band phones that can use 800MHz LTE that are coming later this fall/early next year. 

Highlighted
Journeyman

Sprint is the worst place to buy phones. Go to Best Buy they will be way cheaper and usually offer special deals. They had the S4 for $150 and you got a $50 gift card right then and their when you got the phone. I am baffled as why people would ever buy anything from Sprint. Best Buy also gives you a lot more money on trade ins for old devices, usually more than double the amount of Sprint.

Highlighted
Journeyman

This post about Sprint reps telling you about a phone coming means nothing. I hear Sprint reps say all kinds of false lies whenever I am in their stores.

Highlighted
Wizard

Yeah man, I always buy from Best Buy. Got mine for $145. My point is that 16 more gigz is not worth $100.

Highlighted
Journeyman

So we can now get the 32gb S4 from Verizon for $199, and Sprint folks keep suggesting the 32gb is coming to Sprint. Not sure I can hold out much longer. Where is it Sprint? $199 is a great deal!

32GB Verizon Samsung Galaxy S4 available for $199.99 - Mobile PC - iTech Post

Highlighted
GrandMaster

to be honest as much as many of you would want the 32gb version i think it would be a bad deal..how many people would have wanted to snag up a 32gb instead but grabbed the 16gb version since it was the only one available...and no info on where sprint will ever get anything larger...then come to find out a while later that hey..sprint DID decide to get the better version...safe to say there would be an uproar lol.

I like many others come onto this site for assistance and to help others. Marking a reply as helpful or correct helps others with like issues when they try to search the site for assistance. I do not work for Sprint and my suggestions and or opinions are my own. *************************************************************************************************************
Highlighted
Journeyman

I think you are right fireguy. I just think it is sad that Sprint didn't lead Verizon or AT&T by offering the 32 gb from the start. I have had good service with Sprint and to see it fall so far behind makes me sad. now I bet Sprint needs to get rid of their inventory of 16 gb s4 before they will offer the 32, when they should have just offered the 32 from the start. I hope with their new owners, Sprint can bet back to leading like they did with the OG Evo, instead of falling behind constantly. A lot of buzz is already out there about the S5 and tri band LTE, and it will be interesting to see if Sprint with their network vision will again lead..... Or fall behind.

Highlighted
GrandMaster

They should be ahead of at least Verizon and the lower guys. Sprint will be set to jump into LTE Advanced out needs be. 800LTE will be easy to jump to as well. Obviously 800 before advanced of course lol

I like many others come onto this site for assistance and to help others. Marking a reply as helpful or correct helps others with like issues when they try to search the site for assistance. I do not work for Sprint and my suggestions and or opinions are my own. *************************************************************************************************************
Highlighted
Journeyman

August 5th and no announcement from Sprint. Come on Sprint! Where is the 32 GB?

Highlighted
GrandMaster

i still dont think they will end up getting the 32GB version..if anything the next phone from sammy they kick out will end up being a 32GB and or more...or at least be optional..

Highlighted
Journeyman

fireguy_6364 wrote:

i still dont think they will end up getting the 32GB version..if anything the next phone from sammy they kick out will end up being a 32GB and or more...or at least be optional..

You have too much faith in Samsung and Sprint. Neither of them give a rats rear end about American customers. The only way any American carrier will offer the 32gb S5 or Note 3 is if there is huge uproar in the media from current 16gb customers who literally ran out of space after downloading Angry Birds.

Community News

Our Community is currently set to Read Only due the pandemic's affect on our staffing .
Please try Searching the Community, we have many questions already answered, you can also check out the Knowledge base
If you need immediate assistance please visit Sprint Chat