Sprint Community is Read Only. Please use the My Sprint app or Sprint.com to manage your account. If you need assistance, please visit Sprint.com/chat or visit community.t-mobile.com
Sprint Community is Read Only. Please use the My Sprint app or Sprint.com to manage your account. If you need assistance, please visit Sprint.com/chat or visit community.t-mobile.com
Sprint Community
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

4.4.2 Kitkat Problems

Journeyman

4.4.2 Kitkat Problems

My S4 recently obtained the new OS update, and I have had some major connectivity problems. I cannot talk to anyone for longer than a few minutes before my call is randomly dropped. Ill start with full service bars, and the moment I click the call button I drop to one service bar. My WiFi connection will randomly turn off with a notice that my connection is unstable. This happens everywhere, not just my home network. This causes my battery to drain much faster than usual. Lastly, if I have an alarm set, the phone creates a ghost alarm set to approximately 10 minutes after my set alarm goes off. Very annoying. I,ve talked to Sprint online, and via phone. Online they told me to set my network to CDMA only, then offered me a free signal booster that I would obtain by calling Sprint tech support. The CDMA only idea did nothing. Over the phone - they did some reset, updated my profile, and said that should fix the issue. It did not. Spoke with tech support about the free booster; they transfered me four times to random people only to end up back at tech support who then told me that these decisions to offer free boosters come from people way at the top of the chain and they have to put some special notification on my account to get it, which I did not have, so the offer was not legit. Secondly, if I were to get it for free I would be charged up to $140 a month for the times I was not using it. Basically I would have to be on the phone constantly. I asked for a $5 courtesy discount for wasting 30 minutes of my day to find out the free offer was crap. I got some gaff response about how they do not normally give courtesy discounts...I interrupted and said I believe this would be a perfect example of when one would be provided. Its not like I asked for a free phone, my goodness. Anyway, now I have a $600 smart phone that does nothing but send laggy text messages, and let me use the internet in sporatic periods of the day. Will the Sprint service center roll back my phone to Android 4.3 without charging me a service fee??

2 REPLIES 2
Master

I know it's a pain, but many ppl have reported that restoring the phone to factory settings fixed most of the issues you are experiencing. Myself have not had any of those issues other then phone responding slow, but once the apps updated, it is back to normal now. I do see a faster battery drain but in my case it shows a normal system drainage.

I come here trying to help people and I'm NOT employed by Sprint, so If my reply helped you or if you get an answer to your question from other users, PLEASE mark it as solved.
Master

NOFXCATFISH17,

Thanks for reaching out to us. We're sorry to hear of the issues that you're experiencing with your Samsung Galaxy S4 after receiving the 4.4.2 Kit Kat update and would like to look into this for you. Did our technical support department advised that there is a network related issue in your area why they offered you an Airave to assist with this issue? Also, the Airave will not cost you $140 a month for the times it's not used. If a customer is sent an Airave and is no longer using it, we ask that they return it, if they fail to return the Airave, they are charged a $140 non-return fee.

Morris L.
Sprint Social Care
Community News

Please try Searching the Community, we have many questions already answered, you can also check out the Knowledge base
If you need immediate assistance after hours please visit Sprint Chat