cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

4.4.2 update

Highlighted
Journeyman

4.4.2 update

Ecer since this update my phone doesnt time out after 15 seconds. It wont turn off unless I hit the lock button

10 REPLIES 10
Highlighted
Master

mirandamayy,

Thanks for reaching out to us. I'm sorry to hear about the issue you are having. I'll be happy to help. What type of phone do you have?
Thank you,
Ivan
Highlighted
Journeyman

I just had a update on 3/9/14 on my Galaxy S4. The battery indicator light is white, it beeps a crazy sound for a incoming call when I'm on the phone, few of my downloaded apps were deleted. What can be done?

Highlighted
Journeyman

Galaxy s4

Highlighted
Journeyman

mirandamayy Did you happen to check the display settings to see if the timeout changed to something longer than 15 seconds?

R1PAXTON You have to reboot again for the upgrade to finish optimizing "all" your apps. Most, if not all, of your missing apps will then be restored.

Highlighted
Master

mirandamayy,

Change the displyl time to 30 min and then power cycle by taking the battery out. Once device is back on switch it to 15 sec. Let me know if that helps.

Thank you,
*Paida.
Highlighted
Master

R1PAXTON,

Have you tried any troubleshooting steps?

Dania

Social Care

Highlighted
Journeyman

That didn't work at all

Highlighted
Master

mirandamayy

Are you using any application at the time that you notice the phone not locking or does it happen no matter what you are doing?

Toya D.

Sprint Social Care Team
Highlighted
Journeyman

It doesn't timeout no matter what I do

Highlighted
Master

mirandamayy,

Thanks for the reply.

This may have something to do with the clock on the homescreen running. Try this (even if you don't have personal message turned on) it may help. Turn off personal message. Go to setting-> lock screen ->lock screen widgets -> clock or personal message -> clock. This has been suggested to help with issues related to the home screen freezing, a black screen that appears after launching applications and for the main screen not timing out.

Thank You,

Sprint Social Care Team

Michael C.
Community News

Our Community is BACK!!
Hours of Operations are 7AM - 8PM CST. Please try Searching the Community, we have many questions already answered, you can also check out the Knowledge base
If you need immediate assistance after hours please visit Sprint Chat