cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

7/30 - Samsung Galaxy S4 Software Update - NG2

Highlighted
Journeyman

Re: 7/30 - Samsung Galaxy S4 Software Update - NG2

Well, like I said, I have been with Sprint through thick and thin a very long time. I hope they turn it around... but it may be a few years before we really see the needle move in any tangible way..

As much as you post here and are strongly defensive for Sprint, either you are a Sprint employee or a shareholder maybe ; )

And looks like the merger is on hold or maybe dead. Read up...

http://projects.kansascity.com/2014/sprintfuture/

http://www.kansascity.com/news/business/technology/article1092510.html

http://www.kansascity.com/news/business/technology/article1161560.html

Good luck Sprint.

Highlighted
Journeyman

Between Google, Android, Samsung (name your phone brand) AND Sprint...UPDATING has become the customers' nightmare.  It's REINVENT THE WHEEL, T & E, Trial & Error, with ERRORS being the predominant feature.  It appears programmers are...OVER THEIR HEADS, and companies are pushing NEW, thinking customers want NEW PLAY TOYS on their smartphones.  Actually we want RELIABLE FUNCTIONALITY.  If a company REFUSES to TEST their product updates before they release them, they are being disloyal to the customers.  Front line employees get our calls, take our abuse, and somebodys at THE TOP OF THE COMPANIES should be FIRED for allowing what amounts to ABUSE OF THE CUSTOMERS. 

As a former Sprint Call Center employee, I was able to resolve 99% of customers technical issues by doing full device refreshes on my end.  That is a skill STILL entirely lacking among Sprint customer service & tech support front line employees.  It is so simple, so quick.  I clicked on every refresh type available, whether for a blackberry, android, windows, iphone, etc.  I resolved tech issues with the iphones, even when self-confident "Smarty Pants" sitting next to me said thorough device refreshes wouldn't work on iphones.  He shut his mouth after seeing I was successful with my iphone customers where he was not. 

Would someone at Sprint PLEASE PASS ALONG: do thorough device refreshes as your FIRST option to correct device issues.  When cx have only one phone & they are talking on it, ask them if you can call them back in 10 minutes so you can do the refreshes & they can give the phone time to receive them & test the functionality issues they were experiencing.  The cx will need to have nearly full battery & be on wifi or have nearly full coverage. 

CSR's are not self-educating themselves, so they are not educating their customers as to the options the cx can do to avoid trips to Sprint stores & calling in.

Customers NEED TO BE EDUCATED to ROUTINELY remove their phone batteries for 1 minute.  Sometimes daily, Sometimes more.  When the updates of the various & sundry companies are rolling out, or when Sprint is tweaking their towers, it is inevitable there will be FIXES & patches a plenty, PRL updates, etc..   The fastest way to help your phone (a computer) to receive and apply these updates, fixes, patches is to remove the battery for one minute.

For iphones, perform all device updates, turn phone OFF for full minute.

Because I am a Type A personality, (anal), I perform all my phone's system updates AND remove my battery afterwards for one minute.  Redundant, I know, but I prefer to do every thing I can to keep my phone in top notch working order.

As a Sprint CSR, I warned my cx to NOT take their phones to our store locations because too many tech employees cheated during training & have effed up too many cx phones.  Besides, if you can resolve the issues without a trip to a store, or calling in to Sprint, why wouldn't you???  Yes, their are some great techies at both our stores & the call centers, but it is NOT the norm.  Are you willing to take a chance with an expensive device upon which you depend?  Me neither. 

I have a low threshold for BAD customer service.  I took my training seriously, asked questions, kept learning on my own after going on the phones by quickly learning who were THE BEST csr's on the floor & learning from them, and from the other training resources provided us.  Too many csr's are more concerned with the hundreds of metrics whereby they are graded than making the customer first.  This is the fault of using a metrics based system, but that is a management failure

I only call Sprint when I have the time and energy to be frustrated and exasperated, which is not often.  Good luck peeps!  And TAKE OUT THOSE BATTERIES and/or perform all device system updates!  Routinely! 

Highlighted
GrandMaster

im a non employee..i AM however the type of person that would much rather see fellow customers with the correct info or have them know how to get it rather than have them jump blindly into a thread and start up rants..not pointed at you but you get what im referring to...to many people jump the gun and start making threats and whatnot when the info they are needing or wanting is easy to get..heck instead of tossing out threats or bad mouthing they can always just straight up ask..someone will have the info theyre looking for..again not pointed at you..mainly in general.

I like many others come onto this site for assistance and to help others. Marking a reply as helpful or correct helps others with like issues when they try to search the site for assistance. I do not work for Sprint and my suggestions and or opinions are my own. *************************************************************************************************************
Highlighted
Journeyman

Will this update be available for download from Kies? I don't like to do the OTA updates.

Highlighted
Master

jnsrw785 Unfortunately we do not have that information. Please contact Samsung for a response. - Lavauna-Sprint Social Care
Highlighted
Journeyman

Just got the latest update (NG2) this morning on my Samsung G4 and now the WIFI will not enable.

I've tried:

• Rebooting
  • Power down and back on
  • Power down and pulling battery
  • Pulling battery while phone was on
  • Pull battery, remove both sim and micro sd card and put everything back
  • Start in safe mode

None of those items have fixed this issue.  Any ideas?  This is frustrating.

Highlighted
Master

CaptainJim76,

Thank you for reaching out. I'm sorry to hear that you're experiencing this issue. I would recommend performing a backup and restore to clear up the issue. Please let me know if you will need some assistance with that.

Hirscht
Sprint Social Care
Highlighted
Journeyman

The update is killing my battery life like so many others. It all pops up as "android system" as the main culprit. Gets better if I put it in airplane mode. Anything I can do to fix this issue?

Highlighted
Journeyman

Oops! It's android OS showing up as the battery draining culprit, not Android system

Highlighted
Master

cityw5,

That's not good. Have you checked all of your settings to make sure they are not assisting in the battery drain? If you have checked the settings and everything looks good then I would recommend taking it to a Sprint Service & Repair center for them to physically trouble shoot your device.

Thank you,

Barry

Sprint Social Care
Highlighted
Journeyman

So, this update (L720VPUFNG2) will not have the wifi calling upgrade that Sprint has been promising for months now?

Highlighted
Master

SHEWMAKER360,

I am not showing this update including any Wi-Fi calling upgrade feature at this time. When that is released it should also be announced in this forum.

Thank you,

Barry

Sprint Social Care
Community News

Our Community is BACK!!
Hours of Operations are 7AM - 8PM CST. Please try Searching the Community, we have many questions already answered, you can also check out the Knowledge base
If you need immediate assistance after hours please visit Sprint Chat