cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

7/30 - Samsung Galaxy S4 Software Update - NG2

Highlighted

Re: 7/30 - Samsung Galaxy S4 Software Update - NG2

I think everyone is just fed up with the service. It's excuses after excuses after excuses. Give me a break. The Tmobile merger was supposed to be another excuse for the management. Now that it is gone, they will have to continue to stick to their old excuses or create other new ones.

Highlighted
Master

We are sorry that you feel that way. We are here if you need us - Carol
Sprint Social Care
Highlighted
Journeyman

If a lot of people and I mean a lot of people (myself included) have excessive battery drain how would a trip to the store help? Why not-"we've pushed an update with issues and are working on a fix"-make too much sense?

Highlighted
Master

shamrock505

If a phone is not working properly after and system update, the phone may need to be hard reset so the update can take affected properly. Going to a Sprint repair store is a safe way to make sure the device is backed up and restored properly.

Joel

Sprint Social Care
Highlighted
Journeyman

is there evidence that a hard reset will fix the battery drain issue? last time I did a hard reset it took 3 to 4 hours to rebuild my phone, and I don't want to go through that if there is no evidence that a hard reset will work. My battery life has gone from19 hours to 8 hours, and it is all "android OS" , so I know it's not my apps.

Highlighted
GrandMaster

because every S4 out there isnt having this issue...by taking it into a repair store they can hopefully figure out the cause and then send in a detailed message to sprint so that it can be figured out and a fix kicked out to everyone..make sense now?

I like many others come onto this site for assistance and to help others. Marking a reply as helpful or correct helps others with like issues when they try to search the site for assistance. I do not work for Sprint and my suggestions and or opinions are my own. *************************************************************************************************************
Master

Technically, you will see that sort of usage from the OS, the first few days (some time the first week), due to OS updating all the files needed to run specific apps. I would see what files in OS are using the battery the most, you can see that by clicking at the Android OS under battery usage.

Also make sure you clear RAM and cache from time to time, and do a reboot once a day, I would suggest midday.

I hope this helps.

I come here trying to help people and I'm NOT employed by Sprint, so If my reply helped you or if you get an answer to your question from other users, PLEASE mark it as solved.
Highlighted
Master

cityw5

Have you taken your S4 to a service and repair location yet to see what may be wrong?

Let me know!

Krishel
Sprint Social Care
Highlighted
Journeyman

Thanks DJ, when I click on android os, it doesn't List the specific files, only CPU total time and data numbers over wifi. Is there another way to check that?

Highlighted
Journeyman

Thanks Kriishel, i just don't have the time right now to spend several hours at a sprint store, so I'll need to wait a bit and see if this works itself out.

Highlighted
Master

cityw5,

Thanks. Whenever you have time our techs will be able to run a diagnostics test on your device. You can also schedule your visit to a sprint store online at Sprint.com.

- Ash
Sprint Social Care
Highlighted
Master

I was checking on mine, but I guess you can't, what % did OS use? and how many minutes has it been awake and time running?

I come here trying to help people and I'm NOT employed by Sprint, so If my reply helped you or if you get an answer to your question from other users, PLEASE mark it as solved.
Community News

Our Community is BACK!!
Hours of Operations are 7AM - 8PM CST. Please try Searching the Community, we have many questions already answered, you can also check out the Knowledge base
If you need immediate assistance after hours please visit Sprint Chat