7/30 - Samsung Galaxy S4 Software Update - NG2

Device name Software Update -  L720VPUFNG2

Enhancements/Fixes

• HD Voice Icon
  • Google security patches

Important Notes

- Software version is L720VPUFNG2

- This update will roll-out in a phased manner from 7/30 - 8/27

- Refer to the Samsung Galaxy S4 Software Update article in Support for install instructions

102 REPLIES 102
Highlighted
Journeyman

And how do you do that? (clear RAM & cache)

Highlighted
Master

In the main menu, long hold the left key next to the home button, click the pie chart and go under RAM. As far as cache, the easy way is to reboot the phone or if you go under Settings - General - Storage, and you should see a list with all memory on the phone, one of them is cache, just click and next screen press ok.

I come here trying to help people and I'm NOT employed by Sprint, so If my reply helped you or if you get an answer to your question from other users, PLEASE mark it as solved.
Highlighted
Master

Thanks DJ_Damjano!  EICWinslow, looks like you've got the instructions.  Please give us a head's up if that doesn't help fix the issue. - Christy

Sprint Social Care

Highlighted
Journeyman

I have to agree with Gilliosa. After the NG2 update, In a span of five minutes my battery drained 4%!. I just received the update today.. let's see how long my phone will last when before it would last ALL day with remaining battery life.

Highlighted
Master

Again, keep in mind, after an update, there will be apps that would need to be updated and they will be up and running, make sure you reboot the phone, clear cache and check what apps or files are draining your battery.

I come here trying to help people and I'm NOT employed by Sprint, so If my reply helped you or if you get an answer to your question from other users, PLEASE mark it as solved.
Highlighted
Master

LJMOLINA - Do you have power saving mode turned on? If not, activating this in settings will help retain the battery life. - Kareem
Sprint Social Care
Highlighted
Journeyman

If so many people are having the same issue, guess what...THERE IS A PROBLEM!!. Before making all these changes to extend battery life my phone lasted from 8 am to 11pm without charging. Today with the damn update my phone was 100% full at noon, as I write this is I'm at 21% and that's a little over 5 hrs later. There's a problem.

Highlighted
Journeyman

I did not have power save mode on. However, I never needed it before the update. Why should I sacrifice my cpu/screen lighting/ for this update. Give us the option to turn off the HD whatever it is to bring back my battery life.

Highlighted
Master

LJMOLINA - Thanks for bringing this to our attention. We're sorry to hear that you're having issues with your device not holding charge. We do recommend that you take your device to one of our full service retail stores or authorized service centers. One of our certified technicians will need to evaluate your phone and determine the next steps to resolve your issue. Please visit us at Sprint.com/storelocator to locate the nearest repair center. - Kal Sprint Social Care
Highlighted
Master

I guess I'm one of the lucky few ones (as you say) that does not have that issue with the new update. I did see a battery issue until everything was updated and then it is back to normal.

I have to say, I always use power save mode and automatic screen brightness. I have not seen a performance issue by using them, and from 7am when I wake up, to 11pm or 12am when I place the phone in charge, I have at least 10-20% juice still left in it.

Highlighted
GrandMaster

one thing i can say i have spotted issues with after updates is the power saver mode as well as the automatic connections for wifi and such..takes them a bit before theyre tuned back in after a update..for those having issues with battery life try turning both of those off to see if anything improves or not..if it does improve maybe every week or so go ahead and turn them back on and give it a full day to test and compare.

I like many others come onto this site for assistance and to help others. Marking a reply as helpful or correct helps others with like issues when they try to search the site for assistance. I do not work for Sprint and my suggestions and or opinions are my own. *************************************************************************************************************
Highlighted
Master

I have the optimizer off, I hate having the wifi on when It sees a location with Wifi. ( I guess I like to be in charge lol j/k)

Community News

Our Community is BACK!!
Hours of Operations are 7AM - 8PM CST. Please try Searching the Community, we have many questions already answered, you can also check out the Knowledge base
If you need immediate assistance after hours please visit Sprint Chat