cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

8/27 - Samsung Galaxy S4 Triband Software Update - NG5

Highlighted
Journeyman

Re: 8/27 - Samsung Galaxy S4 Triband Software Update - NG5

Thanks for the info. I'm content to wait, it was more curiosity that had me ask. I have been manually checking but it's not made its way to me yet..

Highlighted
GrandMaster

personally i wait a few weeks after a update has came out so i can see who all is having issues with it and what type of issues they are. then i weigh the pros and cons and decide from there if its worth downloading at that time or not..

I like many others come onto this site for assistance and to help others. Marking a reply as helpful or correct helps others with like issues when they try to search the site for assistance. I do not work for Sprint and my suggestions and or opinions are my own. *************************************************************************************************************
Highlighted
Journeyman

This update knocked out my data connection when I'm in lte mode. Anyone else having the same issue?

Highlighted
Master

BrianM77 - This is not what we want to hear. Have you tried updating the profile on your device? You may also want to visit a service location. - Sean
Sprint Social Care
Highlighted
Journeyman

Good advice fireguy, and here they come....

Highlighted
GrandMaster

no worries..its the small trick and tips we learn that keep us sane lol....well close to sane

I like many others come onto this site for assistance and to help others. Marking a reply as helpful or correct helps others with like issues when they try to search the site for assistance. I do not work for Sprint and my suggestions and or opinions are my own. *************************************************************************************************************
Highlighted
Journeyman

Hey bluedevils2003....

I'm also rooted, but have yet done anything with it. I'm an old school iphone jailbreaker, but the two are quite different. There is a whole new language and alot more to rooting than jailbreaking. I've tried to teach myself and have registered with the same site of developers as you but unfortunately it's just too much for this old woman's OCD/ADD mind. I terrified to change anything because I already have 4 paper weights do not need another. Can you suggested (besides xda developers...they are great but for a Noob of Noobs it's still too much for me to understand) Maybe a site that can explain to me in the simplest of simple ways what I need to know most importantly before I start pkaying. I start with the terms and their means that I need to have a good understanding with and then the ADD kicks in and next thing you know I'm reading about DUNG BEETLES greatest shit balls ever rolled. [inappropriate word removed]!

Message was edited by: TheModerator - This is a public forum. Please remember that all messages must abide by the Community Guidelines.

Highlighted
Journeyman

I downloaded this update this morning....I am in So Calif. ....OTA....in typical Sprint fashion its doesn't fix much but rather breaks more...WIFI calling had network connections errors...took 15 minutes to seemingly connect and would not function{network connection error please try again}...FIX...clear app cache... additionally the WIFI calling icon that normally appears blue when connected is now white...the default color it had before when there was an error connecting...you now have to pull down the notification area to determine if its connected properly(its blue in the pull down menu)...convenient?... I have yet to find the HD voice...I will report back....

Highlighted
Master

iamme54,

Thanks for posting. The HD voice should show HD when you are on a call and call a Sprint customer that also has a HD voice capable device while both of you are connected to a Network Vision tower. Please let me know if you have any questions or concerns.

- Paida
Sprint Social Care
Highlighted
Journeyman

6 days after this update the only noticeable difference is the already dismal battery life has gone to absolutely absurd....10% drain per hour with no apps running and no usage... if I am using the phone it drains 15-18% per hour... heaven forbid should I use connection optimizer... that drains easily 20% per hour....seems its is attempting to scan towers constantly...had the phone flashed by Sprint CS ...to no avail...the same if not worse than before... garbage pure garbage..Sprint will get it right when the Galaxy S18 arrives in 2036

Highlighted
Master

iamme54 - I understand your frustration. Please understand that we do not make these upgrades. We are doing all that we can to work with the manufacturer for a resolution to this issue. - Sean
Sprint Social Care
Highlighted
Journeyman

You don't make the upgrades but you certainly QC them before general release.  This one's pretty easy to see - Horrendous.

Community News

Our Community is BACK!!
Hours of Operations are 7AM - 8PM CST. Please try Searching the Community, we have many questions already answered, you can also check out the Knowledge base
If you need immediate assistance after hours please visit Sprint Chat