cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Add APN

Highlighted

Add APN

I was trying to add an APN for an upcoming trip overseas and found I can't add one.  I had my device unlocked for International Travel, yet the option to add one is greyed out. I have been told I must root the phone, which voids the warranty to get around this.  Is there a way around this or a fix coming?  Having an International Device that is not fully unlocked means it is not a true International Device. I should be able to choose who I get service from abroad, especially when the other carriers either include roaming in their plans, or allow you to prepay for voice and data, yet Sprint still has ridiculous pricing for roaming in other countries.

3 REPLIES 3
Highlighted
Journeyman

Unfortunately there is no work around I went to Italy and had the same issue I could get talk but no Data for some reason sprint has the APN locked on the GS4 so in a since you are out of luck. So really it an international phone with no Data. Not sure what you can do because sprint does not care because I went down this road already your best bet is just to by a Data phone when you are there or root it.

Highlighted
Master

I was told back in July/August, while I was in Europe, that they will fix it since they know about it, and as of now nothing, yet. I'm sure they will actually do it, since the FCC is going to force them to fully unlock the devices, but as far as your trip, unfortunately you will only be able to use it under WiFi for Data.

I come here trying to help people and I'm NOT employed by Sprint, so If my reply helped you or if you get an answer to your question from other users, PLEASE mark it as solved.
Highlighted
Master

AwaitingModeration,

Thanks for your posting and we apologize for the delay in responding. Have you tried to live chat with our international department about this issues? To live chat with them please use Live Chat

Morris L.

Sprint Social Media Care

Community News

Our Community is BACK!!
Hours of Operations are 7AM - 8PM CST. Please try Searching the Community, we have many questions already answered, you can also check out the Knowledge base
If you need immediate assistance after hours please visit Sprint Chat