Sprint Community is Read Only. Please use the My Sprint app or Sprint.com to manage your account. If you need assistance, please visit Sprint.com/chat or visit community.t-mobile.com
Sprint Community is Read Only. Please use the My Sprint app or Sprint.com to manage your account. If you need assistance, please visit Sprint.com/chat or visit community.t-mobile.com
Sprint Community
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Bad update

Journeyman

Bad update

Ever since the new update, every 2 minutes something pops up saying my internet connection is unstable. Ive checked the diagnostics on my phone and all signal strengths are strong.

Also my battery life sucks. I used to be able to get at least 18 hours of moderate use. Now, not even close. Seems everyone says to go to a sprint store or do the hard reset. I have done both. The hard reset did nothing. And the sprint repair center says there is nothing they can do since it is a software problem not a phone problem. I hope there is a fix soon.

4 REPLIES 4
Master

I personally get around 16 hrs with medium to high usage, and about 7-8 hrs with heavy usage, I use direct connect to mirror my S4 screen and/or gaming (FIFA 2014). I get the unstable connection only when I connect to an open source WiFi, and I blame it to the speed, try to do a speed test while you are connected to that WiFi source and see what numbers you get.

I come here trying to help people and I'm NOT employed by Sprint, so If my reply helped you or if you get an answer to your question from other users, PLEASE mark it as solved.
Master

AMANDA041784

Sorry to hear about this. For the internet connection problem, are you connect to Wi-Fi or the Sprint network. With the battery drain, have you taken a look at your apps to make sure a lot of them are not running in the background?

Patrick N.
Social Care Team
Journeyman

It is while I am connected to wifi and it says I have full bars as well. It's just a notification that pops up all the time. As for the apps running in the background, nothing out of the ordinary. Nothing different than before the update. I close all my apps. And all my settings are on power saving options. Like I said, I have brought my phone to a repair center and it isn't the phone. It is the software and I hope there is a fix soon. Yesterday without using my phone and all mobile data was off, my phone went to 65% in 4 hours.

Master

AMANDA041784

Thanks for the reply. Go ahead and do a speed test like Dj_Damjano suggested to test your Wi-Fi connection and let me know how it looks. Also, what type of device is this so I can put it through the proper channels? As for the reset you preformed did you do a ##72786# to reset it to factory settings? If not try this and see if it clears it up for you.

Patrick N.
Social Care Team
Community News

Please try Searching the Community, we have many questions already answered, you can also check out the Knowledge base
If you need immediate assistance after hours please visit Sprint Chat