cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Can I still use Galaxy S 4 in St. Louis without LTE?

Highlighted
Journeyman

Can I still use Galaxy S 4 in St. Louis without LTE?

I want to get the Galaxy S 4, but I understand that we will not have LTE for awhile.  Will the phone run off of 3g?  Is there any projected date on LTE in STL?

5 REPLIES 5
Highlighted
Journeyman

crazay131 wrote:

I want to get the Galaxy S 4, but I understand that we will not have LTE for awhile.  Will the phone run off of 3g?  Is there any projected date on LTE in STL?

Yes, the phone will run on 3g if no LTE is present.

Highlighted
Journeyman

There is 4g LTE coverage going up in St Louis now!  Apparently up by the airport area it is available and they are expanding to other towers from there.  Hope that helps.

Highlighted
Journeyman

Yes, it will run off 3g...it is actually pretty fast when connected to WiFi though.

Highlighted
Journeyman

There IS 4G lte service in St. Louis in various locations,   looks like they are slowly adding it to the Stl. area now,  even though the speeds havnt been anything to brag about.

GrandMaster

it really just depends on which company is doing the  Network Vision work in your area. i know one of the companies works on the 3G side first...waits for the ok from sprint that the work they did is ok...THEN they work on the 4G side of things...one of the other companies works on the 4G side first...then 3G....and the last company goes for gold and works on both at the same time..shouldnt be a shocker that customers in that last companies area see the worst for coverage while the upgrades are being deployed..

I like many others come onto this site for assistance and to help others. Marking a reply as helpful or correct helps others with like issues when they try to search the site for assistance. I do not work for Sprint and my suggestions and or opinions are my own. *************************************************************************************************************
Community News

Our Community is BACK!!
Hours of Operations are 7AM - 8PM CST. Please try Searching the Community, we have many questions already answered, you can also check out the Knowledge base
If you need immediate assistance after hours please visit Sprint Chat