Sprint Community is Read Only. Please use the My Sprint app or Sprint.com to manage your account. If you need assistance, please visit Sprint.com/chat or visit community.t-mobile.com
Sprint Community is Read Only. Please use the My Sprint app or Sprint.com to manage your account. If you need assistance, please visit Sprint.com/chat or visit community.t-mobile.com
Sprint Community
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Can't hide apps after update the other day I'm very frustrated what can be done to help with this

Journeyman

Can't hide apps after update the other day I'm very frustrated what can be done to help with this

I need help can't hide apps after recent update to s4 very frustrated

7 REPLIES 7
Master

Can you elaborate a little more on that? Hiding, you mean taking them out of the home screen?

I come here trying to help people and I'm NOT employed by Sprint, so If my reply helped you or if you get an answer to your question from other users, PLEASE mark it as solved.
Master

ellenandnya,

Thanks for posting with us. With regards to hiding the applications, are you referring to keeping them off home screens, shutting them down, or something else? What error do you get when going through the process you went through prior to the update?

Dan
Sprint Social Care Team
Journeyman

I'm sorry I didn't explain more ..... I still have the show disable apps option but it's not highlighted and can't be opened anymore ....you know how u can hide apps and it gives you a option to add a check mark to the particular app u want to hide it's not doing that anymore since update

Journeyman

@sprintcare

Journeyman

Dan can u please give a reply back ASAP Thank you

Master

ellenandnya,

Thank you for the response. Just to clarify, is this a third party application you are working with? Did you check for any updates in the google play store? Please let us know.

Charles G.

Sprint Social Care Team
Master

I thought that was disabled since with the 4.3 update. Unfortunately, they blocked that feature (not from Sprint, but Android OS). If you have issue unhiding the previously hidden apps, you just turn the app off and turn it back on in the App Info page under Application manager. As far hiding them again, you can not do that anymore. Sorry.

I come here trying to help people and I'm NOT employed by Sprint, so If my reply helped you or if you get an answer to your question from other users, PLEASE mark it as solved.
Community News

Please try Searching the Community, we have many questions already answered, you can also check out the Knowledge base
If you need immediate assistance after hours please visit Sprint Chat