Sprint Community is currently read-only. Please use the My Sprint app or Sprint.com to manage your account. If you need assistance, please visit Sprint.com/chat
Sprint Community is currently read-only. Please use the My Sprint app or Sprint.com to manage your account. If you need assistance, please visit Sprint.com/chat
Sprint Community
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Cannot Receive or Download MMS Text

Journeyman

Cannot Receive or Download MMS Text

My daughter tried to send me some pictures in a text message and out of the 3 only one loaded and the other 2 came up with the message size, the date the message will expire and a DOWNLOAD button. I click DOWNLOAD and all I get is "The message was not downloaded." She's sending them to me via a Samsung Galaxy S3. Never had this issue before and I went through the troubleshooting tips and still nothing. Any idea? Would hate to miss out on pics of my grandkids because of this.

5 REPLIES 5
Highlighted
GrandMaster

Re: Cannot Receive or Download MMS Text

pic mail sent via text is sent and received using your 3G data..so normally if youre having issues with sending/receiving a mms message then you'll see issues with things like your browser...if you hop onto the browser is it slow? does it have issue loading anything up? this would have to be tested while NOT on wifi.

I like many others come onto this site for assistance and to help others. Marking a reply as helpful or correct helps others with like issues when they try to search the site for assistance. I do not work for Sprint and my suggestions and or opinions are my own. *************************************************************************************************************
Highlighted
Wizard

KellySH68,

Thanks for your post. I am sorry to hear you are having issues getting your pictures. I would be happy to look and see what is happening. Like freguy_6364 stated they are using your 3g data to download the pictures. Have you tried opening the pictures when you are connected to wifi?

*Stephanie

Sprint Social Care Team

Highlighted
Journeyman

Yes, I have tried turning off the WiFi and using just the 4G and still no luck with those 2 messages but today a friend sent me 2 videos via text while I was connected to WiFi and I had no trouble with those.

Highlighted
GrandMaster

when on 4G try hopping on to the browser. see how long it takes to pull up a site or something...does it take forever? does it time out? it might show youre on 4G up top but you might not be pulling in a solid signal and this is where youre getting the problem from..

I like many others come onto this site for assistance and to help others. Marking a reply as helpful or correct helps others with like issues when they try to search the site for assistance. I do not work for Sprint and my suggestions and or opinions are my own. *************************************************************************************************************
Highlighted
Wizard

KellySH68,

Sorry for my delay in response. If you have your Wifi turned on are you able to download the pictures? Have you tried testing your browser as fireguy_6364 suggested?

*Stephanie

Sprint Social Care Team

Community News

Our Community is currently set to Read Only due the pandemic's affect on our staffing .
Please try Searching the Community, we have many questions already answered, you can also check out the Knowledge base
If you need immediate assistance please visit Sprint Chat