ForumTopicPage
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Cant make the WiFi turn off and stay off.

Highlighted
Journeyman

Cant make the WiFi turn off and stay off.

I live out in the country - in the middle of no where.  Except for my house, Walmart and McDonalds, there is no free WiFi.  I work in a building that has locked WiFi.

My phone CONTINUOUSLY tried to connect to WiFi.  When it cant, it doesnt send txt messages, doesnt send or receive mail- It just is a brick of plastic that cant do anything.

I turn the WiFi off and it turns back on.  At best, it will stay off for 15 minutes.

I will be watching YouTube on data before I leave work.  After 15 minutes, the screen will start buffering, then go blank and say....NO connection.  It has once again turned on the WiFi. At work, it keeps asking me to use "smart mode".  I have tried that.  It will leave WiFi on all night, essentially running the battery down for nothing.  I do not receive txts, can't listen to a radio station...nothing. I do not know if this is a different issue to not, but YouTube will not connect if the WiFi is on EVER.  YouTube will only work on the data plan, even off my home network.

I have a program on my phone that is called Easy Battery Saver.  It cant even keep the WiFi turned off.

I have tried updates and nothing has helped this phone.

Android 4.3 Model sph-L720

2 REPLIES 2
GrandMaster

Re: Cant make the WiFi turn off and stay off.

settings-mobile data and look for connections optimizer...youre going to want to uncheck that...it doesnt keep your wifi turned on the whole time..it looks at your known wifi locations that you normally connect to and will randomly do a quick check to see if there is a connection or not that is better than your current data connection..

I like many others come onto this site for assistance and to help others. Marking a reply as helpful or correct helps others with like issues when they try to search the site for assistance. I do not work for Sprint and my suggestions and or opinions are my own. *************************************************************************************************************
Master

Re: Cant make the WiFi turn off and stay off.

moranarevel,

The tip fireguy_6364 is a great work around to help. In addition if you have connected to a local Wi-Fi in the past I would suggest forgetting the connection in settings, this may help your device stop trying to reconnect to a previously connected Wi-Fi.

Sprint Social Care Team

David

Community News

Need Help? 
Please try Searching the Community, we have many questions already answered, you can also check out the Knowledge base.
If you have an account question you can create a post and one of our Social Care Agents will help you.
If you need immediate assistance please visit Sprint Chat