cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Contact icons are rendered poorly

Highlighted
Journeyman

Contact icons are rendered poorly

I remember on the Galaxy S3, the contact icons were rendered very nicely, but on the S4, they're not rendered that well, no matter how high-resolution the picture size.

The screen size is 1920x1080, and I've measured the actual contact icon as 163x163. The screen's resolution is 441ppi.

I've tried creating my contact photos at 1080x1080 at 150ppi, 200ppi, 441ppi...you name it. The picture looks fine in original size and on the Contact's profile screen, but on the actual Contacts screen, the icon looks extremely jaggy. The best I can do (my current setting for my Contact photos) is 163x163 at 200ppi. That's when they look their best, although still not very well rendered.

Is there anything that can be tweaked, namely in the Developer Options, to render the icons better? I know it's no big deal, but that's just something I wonder. (Again, this was better on the S3.)

Thanks in advance.

Tags (2)
1 REPLY 1
Master

Re: Contact icons are rendered poorly

Grundberg74,

I fully understand your concern with contacts icon not showing clearly. I'm not seeing that as being a known issue with the Samsung S4. Have you tried contacting Samsung? Keep me posted.

*Stephanie B

Sprint Social Care

Community News

Sprint S.M.A.R.T Agents
Sprint S.M.A.R.T Agent are here to help Monday through Sunday 6:00 AM CT - 6:00 PM CT. If you need to speak to an agent outside of these hours, please visit Sprint Chat