cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Error when installing system update

Journeyman

Error when installing system update

Twice I receive an error message that an electronic signature is not recognized and the installation is aborted.  I have over 7 gb of device storage available.  I already had to do a system restore at the Sprint store a few months ago for an issue and I DO NOT want to have to do that again, help please!

13 REPLIES 13
Master

Re: Error when installing system update

DMKKJACOBS1, Thanks for reaching out. We understand your concern about the software update. Did you to do the update over Wi-Fi? Did you try to back up your device and do a hard reset? Let us know we are here to help. - Kimberly
Sprint Social Care
Journeyman

I think I did an update over wifi, I was at work the first time, at home the second and both times I was wifi connected.

I did not do a hard reset.  I think a hard reset is what they did in the Sprint store and it was a PAIN to get my phone back with all the settings and apps the way I wanted.  Please tell me there are other options.

Master

DMKKJACOBS1, What type of device do you have? - Kimberly
Sprint Social Care
Journeyman

Galaxy S4

Master

DMKKJACOBS1 - Thanks. Try performing a network reset on your phone. Dial ##72786# your phone will restart and perform several updates. Please let me know if that helps. –AJ Sprint Social Care
Journeyman

Had similar issues this morning when I received the update. Tried 3 times without success, both with wifi and without. Ran for over an hour each time and just showed a "Download" screen. Could tell whether system was stuck or still downloading. Turned off, removed and re-installed the battery, still nothing. Found the above post, called the "##.....#" and tried again with quick success. Got totally different screens too, with prompts showing system was acting on the update. Thanks.

Highlighted
Master

JBudyJr - You're welcome. I'm glad we were able to be of some assistance. - Kareem
Sprint Social Care
Journeyman

OP here.  I did the network reset, but my Android version is still 4.4.2.  I thought it would upgrade to 4.4.3?

Master

DMKKJACOBS1

Hi there, did you perform Master Reset? Because a Master Reset will probably fix this issue.

Anntenetta, Sprint Social Care Team
Journeyman

Is a Master Reset where I have to reinstall my apps and settings?  If so, it'll be the second master reset in as many months and is something I do not care to do.  I believe the phone should be replaced as defective under my maintenance agreement in this circumstance.

Master

DMKKJACOBS1 - Unfortunately, yes. We can look into this for you. Please visit this link http://bit.ly/1lCgRpq for further instruction. - BrittneySprint Social Care
Community News

Sprint S.M.A.R.T Agents
Sprint S.M.A.R.T Agent are here to help Monday through Friday 6:00 AM CT - 6:00 PM CT. If you need to speak to an agent outside of these hours, please visit Sprint Chat