Sprint Community is currently read-only. Please use the My Sprint app or Sprint.com to manage your account. If you need assistance, please visit Sprint.com/chat
Sprint Community is currently read-only. Please use the My Sprint app or Sprint.com to manage your account. If you need assistance, please visit Sprint.com/chat
Sprint Community
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Exchange Services sucking battery dry

Journeyman
Journeyman

Exchange Services sucking battery dry

I check my work email via Exchange Services on my SG4.

Twice now I have set it up and it will work fine. Mail comes in and it's easy to manage and all that. No functionality issues there.

But after a few days / weeks, I'll noticed my battery draining faster than usual (e.g., battery will be half gone half way through the day whereas it previously would last me all day).

When I check Battery in the Settings, I see that the second item, after Screen is Exchange Services.

I'll mess with the settings a little but it just keeps sucking the battery.

In the end I have to delete the Exchange account, which of course means I can't see my work mail on my phone...not good. Need that mail badly.

I'v seen other posts like this on the web specifically related to Exchange Services depleting the battery.

What can be done?

9 REPLIES 9
Highlighted
Master

Re: Exchange Services sucking battery dry

HE2,

Hi there! As the exchange server is connected to the internet constantly, this can cause the battery to drain a little faster. In some cases, you can adjust the sync intervals and even have it sync manually. Data services can be turned off on the device itself as well. If there is anything further I can do, please let me know.

*Andi R.
Sprint Social Care Team
Highlighted
Master

Do you have the Sync in push mode or set on a specific time? Some ppl have reported that settings the Sync in 15 min or so will help since in the push mode, will keep the connection always open, the last drastic suggestion, will be to do a factory reset (I know it's a pain).

I hope this helps.

I come here trying to help people and I'm NOT employed by Sprint, so If my reply helped you or if you get an answer to your question from other users, PLEASE mark it as solved.
Highlighted
Master

Here is what I found online This is the link:

Here was my solution:

1. Go into Settings

2. Scroll down to Accounts and click "Corporate"

3. You will see the green sync icon. For me it was going haywire and was syncing non-stop.

4. Click into it. and you should see 3 options: Calendar, Contacts, and Email.

5. I tried ticking each one of them off 1 at a time to see which one was giving me trouble. Turns out for me that it was my contacts. So i switched Contact sync off. Now it works perfectly fine.

By the way, I am on Automatic (Push) sync. Now the exchange service does't even show up in my battery usage menu.

I come here trying to help people and I'm NOT employed by Sprint, so If my reply helped you or if you get an answer to your question from other users, PLEASE mark it as solved.
Highlighted
Journeyman
Journeyman

This is great. I'm going to try it and see how it works.

Highlighted
Journeyman
Journeyman

PS: Since this seems to work fine for a week or so before it goes nuts on my battery, it might take me a while to get back to you guys on the results of this.

Highlighted
Master

HE2,
Please keep us updated on the situation and let us know if this solution works.
–AJ
Sprint Social Care
Highlighted
Master

HE2 No problem. We'll be here awaiting for your response. *David S Sprint Social Care
Highlighted
Journeyman
Journeyman

Just logged in again for the first time since this last message. Yes, this solution worked.

Highlighted
Master

HE2

Glad to hear to hear that is working correctly for you. Let us know if you have any questions or concerns. Thank you.

- Lisse
Sprint Social Care
Community News

Our Community is currently set to Read Only due the pandemic's affect on our staffing .
Please try Searching the Community, we have many questions already answered, you can also check out the Knowledge base
If you need immediate assistance please visit Sprint Chat