cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Galaxy S4 4.4.2 update preventing wi-fi from enabling?

Journeyman

Galaxy S4 4.4.2 update preventing wi-fi from enabling?

I got the 4.4.2 update this morning and now my wi-fi won't turn on.  I've power-cycled the phone several times and no luck.  Every time I press the wi-fi icon or on/off switch, it momentarily blinks green or "on" then immediately off.  I tried searching for this issue but not found any solutions.  Anyone else having this problem and maybe found a solution other than resetting the phone?

Tags (5)
71 REPLIES 71
Journeyman

Re: Galaxy S4 4.4.2 update preventing wi-fi from enabling?

I am having the exact same issue.

Master

angst987,

Thank you for reporting this. I am sorry to hear this. Have you tried updating the data profile?

Jen R

Sprint Social Care Team

Journeyman

How do I update the data profile?

Mark

Highlighted
Journeyman

Jen R,

Yes, I did the PRL update, the Profile update, checked every other update I could find, still nothing.  Also noticed my battery is draining faster than pre-4.4.2.

Thanks

Master

MarkWagner72,

Thank you so much for posting with us today.

I do apologize that you are experiencing this issue.

Have you tried any basic troubleshooting steps yet?

Thank you,

George M.
Sprint Social Care Team

Master

angst987,

Thanks for contacting us.

I do apologize you are experiencing these issues.

That's strange. I would recommend you visiting a Service & Repair location http://bit.ly/L46GY8.

Thank you,

George M.
Sprint Social Care Team

Journeyman

I'm having the same issues. WiFi light blinks green. And after 5 minutes off the charger my phone is at 85%

Journeyman

Same issues here as well...poor battery life and I cant turn wifi on; it turns itself off immediately after trying. I'm sure battery life will improve over time but the wifi thing is irritating to say the least.

Master

byers20081 - Sorry to hear about this concern. Since noticing this issue, has any troubleshooting been done on your phone? Please share. Thanks. -Ruthie
Journeyman

Im sure most people have done all but a factory reset. And after reading around that doesnt help either. My guess is its something to do w the modem...

Master

Hello will1467,

Have you tried resetting your modem? Once an update has happened, updating the profile allows the phone to sync. Keep me updated.

Thanks, Sharon Sprint Social Care
Community News

Sprint S.M.A.R.T Agents
Sprint S.M.A.R.T Agent are here to help Monday through Sunday 6:00 AM CT - 6:00 PM CT. If you need to speak to an agent outside of these hours, please visit Sprint Chat