cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Galaxy S4 4.4.2 update preventing wi-fi from enabling?

Journeyman

Re: Galaxy S4 4.4.2 update preventing wi-fi from enabling?

Took my phone to a service and repair location today, and they have no way of solving it. They said that they have seen a few other GS4's have this issue over the last few days, but none of them have been able to be fixed.

My 3G/4G is so slow in my area, I basically do not have any internet anymore.

SprintCare, when you said this:

"We have been keeping in contact with both Samsung and Android providing details of issues our customers are experiencing."

Does this imply that both Samsung and Android are aware of this specific issue for Sprint GS4 phones with 4.4.2?

Also, this issue along with the "beeping tone" issue (Re: Random beeping sounds during call) are the top two most frustrating things in my life right now. And they are both caused by Sprint. Contract end date is coming up soon...

Master

tjyoung1987,

Thanks for getting back with us. This sounds like a very frustrating situation. Have you had a chance to speak with Samsung to see if this has become a known issue with the newest update http://bit.ly/1cJzOn7 ?

We would like to verify that this isn't a network issue. Send us a private message to "sprintcare" and include your name, phone number, security pin, and link to this thread. We look forward to working with you.

Regards,
Duane
Sprint Social Care
Journeyman

My wifi will not work either since the update (among other annoying issues).  Obviously this is a HUGE, widespread issue.  What is being done?  And when will we have a solution?  I see Sprint telling people to contact Samsung, seriously???  And also telling people to take their phone into a Sprint store for repair.  It's been reported that Sprint stores have no clue what to do about this known issue.  How about Sprint contacts Samsung and takes care of it's Sprint customers???   

Master

Kells5150,

Thanks for the feedback. We work very closely with Samsung with these updates. At this time we have not heard of any fixes that are scheduled to come out for this. All official announcements can be found at www.sprint.com/newsroom .

Samsung is a good resource for these types of fixes. They sometimes have more real time information available to them and are able to give a better idea if a fix is in the works.

Regards,
Duane
Sprint Social Care
Highlighted
Journeyman

I dropped of my phone at my local Sprint store Saturday and picked it up 2 hours later.  They did a "soft reset" of the phone, no data lost, no apps lost, phone basically in the same shape as how I left it except wifi was restored.  They did not tell me how they did a "soft reset" but whatever it is regained wifi capability.  The service guy said my battery draining fast was due to the battery not having good capacity (about 1000 vs 2600 of a new battery) though that doesn't explain why it seemed to be discharging faster right after the kit kat update 

Journeyman

I'm having the exact same issues since the update: wifi not working, logging me out of aps or not being able to log in at all, email not updating, etc. It's been noticeably buggy and unreliable. This is definitely a Sprint issue, since they are the ones selling the phones; why would you tell the customer to contact Samsung?

The logical answer is NOT to take the phone to a store and waste everyone's time. It is for Sprint to work with Samsung and address the problem for the masses, not just one phone at a time.

Master

EOWEN333

I understand where you are coming from as far as the updates. The updates are sent out by the manufacturers and then it is pushed to your phone. Updates may have certain bugs that may not have been worked out but the manufacturer has to send out fixes for them. You can try removing the battery from your phone or doing a power cycle and that sometimes fixes the issue.

Toya D.

Sprint Social Care Team
Master

angst987

Happy to hear that your wifi is up and running. A soft reset is removing the battery or powering the phone off and then back on. Android phones allows you to do a reset when you are powering the phone off. You can help save your battery life by closing out certain applications that you are not using at that time.

Toya D.

Sprint Social Care Team
Journeyman

I am experiencing a similar issue with 4.4.2.  See below.  Can you help?

My device: Samsung Galaxy S4 with 4.4.2

My location: 60193

My issue:

1. In February I received the 4.4.2 OTA update for my Samsung Galaxy S4
  2. After that and while in 60193 randomly but takes no more than one hour my phone will lose internet (3G and LTE), must restart the device to get the function back for a short period of time before having to restart again.
  3. Also randomly but takes no more than one hour my phone will lose signal and will be unable to make a call, must restart the device to get the function back for a short period of time before having to restart again.
  4. Additional information on making calls: phone will sometimes show signal and will just say dialing when making a call (indefinitely), when I press end it will freeze the dialing screen but you can still use the phone (just no internet or phone calls).  Must restart the device to get the function back for a short period of time before having to restart again.
  5. I have performed all trouble shooting options with Tech both in store on the phone.
  6. I have hard reset phone.
  7. I have exchanged phone.
  8. Still experiencing the same issues.
  9. When I am far away from 60193 I do not experience issues.
  10. Sprint continues to give me a run around.
Master

SprintCustomerSince2002,

I would like to work on this with you! To get in further, I need your cross streets. This will allow me to get to the tower level and get a more accurate depiction of what is happening. I do not want to make you run around any more and I want to work towards figuring this out with you. Let me know, I am on the case!

*Andi R.
Sprint Social Care Team
Journeyman

Thank you.  Cross streets are Plum Grove and Nerge...

Journeyman

I applied the update today and it broke my wifi too. Phone worked perfectly before the update. I also noticed a much faster battery drain. I should have known better and read all the issues before clicking ok.

Community News

Sprint S.M.A.R.T Agents
Sprint S.M.A.R.T Agent are here to help Monday through Sunday 6:00 AM CT - 6:00 PM CT. If you need to speak to an agent outside of these hours, please visit Sprint Chat