Sprint Community is Read Only. Please use the My Sprint app or Sprint.com to manage your account. If you need assistance, please visit Sprint.com/chat or visit community.t-mobile.com
Sprint Community is Read Only. Please use the My Sprint app or Sprint.com to manage your account. If you need assistance, please visit Sprint.com/chat or visit community.t-mobile.com
Sprint Community
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Galaxy S4 Frequency Capabilities?

Journeyman

Galaxy S4 Frequency Capabilities?

Which is Sprint's frequencies can the Samsung Galaxy S4 use? Is it Spark capable, or will that require the Galaxy S5?

5 REPLIES 5
Journeyman

Newly sold Samsung Galaxy S4 models are Spark capable. Make sure you are getting model: SPH-L720T

If you buy your Sprint GS4 second hand or a refurbished model, you will most likely receive a single band (B25) model.

Master

kturcotte1980,

This is a great question and sorry for any confusion.  The information GRAPKOKI1 provided is accurate.  The Samsung Galaxy S4 recently received a redesign to have Tri-Band capabilities but older versions of the S4 will not have this feature available.  To determine which model you have sign into your Sprint online account and scroll down to your phone line which the model will be displayed.

Sprint Social Care Team

David

Master

GRAPKOSKI1,

Thank for the helpful information.

Eduardo

Sprint Social Care

Journeyman

The only way to get the new S4 triband would be to order it from sprints website. But also note that the new triband phones do not do SVLTE or SVDO. the SPH-L720 frequency bands are 800-adv bc10/1900 MHz (cdma), 1900MHz (LTE b25), 850/900/1800/1900 MHz (GSM) and 850/900/1900/2100 MHz (UMTS) it will do SVLTE but no SVDO. hope this is what you were looking for.

Master

run4time

Good Information. Thanks for connecting via Sprint Community. If you have any questions for us Let us know. We'd be happy to assist.

Erica
Sprint Social Care
Community News

Please try Searching the Community, we have many questions already answered, you can also check out the Knowledge base
If you need immediate assistance after hours please visit Sprint Chat