Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Galaxy S4 KitKat 4.4.2 Upgrade ****DISASTER****

Journeyman

Re: Galaxy S4 KitKat 4.4.2 Upgrade ****DISASTER****

Agreed...same issues.  Dealing with two major issues:

-Battery Drain

-Wake up from lock screen delay

I've tried clearing the cache and factory resetting.  Definitely an issue with the upgrade. 

Master

SNOOPROB40,

Thanks for posting your issues regarding the 4.4.2 Kit Kat software update. Have you tried to drain your battery fully and then recharge your S4 while powered off fully to see if that will helps? few customers have tried this on our community page and have reported it has helped.

Morris L.
Sprint Social Care
Journeyman

I have had  similar issue on my Sprint Samsung S4. My phone crashes all the time after the update, and takes forever to accept a password to get into the phone. I took it to a Sprint store and told me it was a Samsung update and Sprint doesn't control updates and they don't feel obligated to fix my phone after they messed it up with a defective update. So what exactly am I paying $150 a month for again? They told me to do a hardware reset and see what happens. I already told them I tried that already, and my phone started messing up about 1 day after resetting my phone. It is amazing how poor the service is at Sprint.

Master

FLAIR_1,

We're sorry to hear about the issues you're experiencing with the Samsung Galaxy S4 after the recent update. We will be sure to forward your feedback to our device managers so these issues can be subsided with the next update. If you have any issues with your device that can be recreated and repaired, please visit a nearby Sprint repair store. www.sprint.com/storelocator.

*Julian
Sprint Social Care
Journeyman

I have not, but I'll give it a shot tonight. 

Master

SNOOPROB40,

Great. Inform us of the results.

*Julian
Sprint Social Care
Journeyman

After the 2nd hard reset, I am getting the same issues. The S4 works fine the first day, slows down but still usable the second day, then slows to a crawl to wake up and enter a password on the 3rd.
Is there any recourse? Or do I need to get another phone? Sprint Store *refused* to help. Do I need to contact Samsung?

Journeyman

Tried it last night, unfortunately same result.  As I look around the internet, it seems to be a consistent issue and a bug in the new update.  Perhaps if enough people elevate they can isolate and put it as a fix for the next update.

Master

SNOOPROB40,

We will be sure to forward your feedback to our device managers so these issues can be subsided with the next update.

*Julian
Sprint Social Care
Master

Flair_1, Contacting the manufacturer is always an option, because they design the phone, and it's software as well as what goes into the update, they're often the experts.  I'm not happy about the way the store spoke to you about it, but in one respect their correct: we're a re-seller of the actual phone, our product is the actual service itself.  One tip I would definitely try first, if you haven't already, is updating every single app on the device.  After speaking to one of our device owners about a different model on the last update of Android, he told me that many many of the problems with slowness and battery drain actually track back to old app versions that aren't optimized for the latest Android.  I know I don't let my phone update automatically (because it's annoying when it starts on it's own and goes and goes and goes) so there are lots of times when I'll have 5 - 20 older versions hanging around when I go look in the Playstore.

If you do contact Samsung and they give you any advice, please feel free to come share it with us!

*Christy

Sprint Social Care Team

Highlighted
Journeyman

Ended up getting a replacement phone.  Lock screen clock issues and battery issues still happening but far less than the OTA install on my old device. 

Journeyman

Same issues with my phone after the update. No data connectivity, battery life horrible, service comes and goes, apps gone or not working, what a complete disaster! I honestly can't believe sprint is wanting to point the finger instead of just fixing the problem and giving everyone the runaround and avoiding the real issue. So do us all a favor and just fix this.

Community News

Sprint S.M.A.R.T Agents
Sprint S.M.A.R.T Agent are here to help Monday through Sunday 6:00 AM CT - 6:00 PM CT. If you need to speak to an agent outside of these hours, please visit Sprint Chat