cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Galaxy S4 KitKat 4.4.2 Upgrade ****DISASTER****

Highlighted
GrandMaster

Re: Galaxy S4 KitKat 4.4.2 Upgrade ****DISASTER****

if it has been confirmed through Samsung to be an issue then they will end up kicking out another OTA with fixes for it..unfortunately its not something that happens over night. they have to figure out the cause(s) and go from there..usually with a whole bunch of back and forths with sprint and google.

I like many others come onto this site for assistance and to help others. Marking a reply as helpful or correct helps others with like issues when they try to search the site for assistance. I do not work for Sprint and my suggestions and or opinions are my own. *************************************************************************************************************
Highlighted
GrandMaster

also

137.  Re: Samsung Galaxy S4 Sprint network issue

SprintCare Social Care

J61098,

Thanks for getting back with us. We are aware of the data and text issues the S4 is having after the Kit Kat update. Our development team is currently working with Samsung to resolve the issue. I have reported your location and the issues you are experiencing to our network team. Please be sure to update your profile periodically, as this will help to reestablish connection to our network.

Regards,

Duane

Sprint Social Care

I like many others come onto this site for assistance and to help others. Marking a reply as helpful or correct helps others with like issues when they try to search the site for assistance. I do not work for Sprint and my suggestions and or opinions are my own. *************************************************************************************************************
Highlighted

Interesting, I wonder what causes problems in some and not in others. The new update may cause more problems for all we know.

Highlighted
GrandMaster

its pretty rare for a update to come out and not have some type of issue..phone to phone the big difference is what all apps and whatnot are on it..the apps themselves are not part of the phone but they still at times have an affect when it comes down to updates...you'll notice this when you have multiple people with the same phones but they have different issues that popped up after the update..more often than not it helps if you wipe  your phone by doing a FR...then do the update...THEN go back in and add all your stuff back..the updates are designed around a bare bones phone..so no additional 3rd party apps or anything...a pain in the rump but it works..

also it doesnt help that most dont know if they have the tri band S4 or the regular one lol...should have been a marker or name change at least...the S4 and the S4+...im talking about on the phone physically without having to dig for this info.

Highlighted

Well, the word spark is on the welcome screen

Highlighted
GrandMaster

but you have to restart your phone to see that..dont know to many people that actually look at the start up screen lol..

Highlighted
Journeyman

My S4 has been having horrible problems since the update and the call in center has put me on the 3G network just to get my phone to connect to the network!!  This is crazy what was the point in upgrading if I would end up with an error message.  Unfortunately I was two weeks past the 30 day mark, and they have since come out with the S5 and I hear they have an S6 coming soon.  I wish they would work on the existing phones and their service instead of new stuff!

Highlighted
GrandMaster

companies are always trying to push forward no matter what..its the name of the game..

Highlighted
Master

Thanks for reaching out dhiggnors

I know that this can be frustrating, please know techs are working as quickly as possible to get this fixed and running. Apologies for any inconveniences.

Krishel
Social Care
Highlighted
Journeyman

I am still having problems with my S4 SPH-L720 (Not Spark) since I upgraded to Kit Kat. Is there a solution to this problem yet?

Highlighted
Master

Hello LCharlesb01,

I'm sad to hear that you are having problems with your device. Sprint would not be able to fix anything in regards to the Kit Kat update. The patch would come from Samsung.

Thanks, Sharon Sprint Social Care
Highlighted
Journeyman

Not sure if this will fix your issues, but it sounds like it might.  Samsung has developed an app to supposedly fix the issues caused by these updates.  Sprint actually posted this in another S4 thread.  It's in the play store, it's called 'Refresh Customization'.  Download and run it.  There are 2 options - Refresh Customization Opt1 and Refresh Customization Opt2 - do them both.  It can't hurt, and it might just fix you up.  Good luck!

Community News

Our Community is BACK!!
Hours of Operations are 7AM - 8PM CST. Please try Searching the Community, we have many questions already answered, you can also check out the Knowledge base
If you need immediate assistance after hours please visit Sprint Chat