ForumTopicPage
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Galaxy S4 KitKat 4.4.2 Upgrade ****DISASTER****

Journeyman

Re: Galaxy S4 KitKat 4.4.2 Upgrade ****DISASTER****

Thanks for the the tip Cooljb, I am going to try it. My phone has been driving me nuts for several weeks now. The clock on the start up screen clock doesn't update which made me late once, the start screen is really laggy and sometimes freezes and won't open at all, but if I leave it alone for about 5 minutes it usually opens, the phone often freezes when I get an incoming text and I can't silence it or read it. I am glad to find this page and see that  I am not alone, but unfortunately doesn't seem like a lot of solutions.

Master

Khootwill,

With every update can be little glitches that are usually solved quite easily. For the issue that you're having the best course of action is to hard reset your device. This will wipe all data on your phone. Please stop by one of our service and repair center so that we can troubleshoot your device.

Sincerely,

Colleen
Journeyman

Is this update problems are for both s4 and s4t? i want to upadte the my s4 but i don't want to deal with all these issues. Thanks

Master

jnsrw785,

With every update can be little glitches that are usually solved quite easily For the issue that you're having the best course of action is to chat with a Samsung Support representative. http://www.samsung.com/us/support/contact.

Sincerely,

Colleen
Journeyman

For everyone having issues with your phones after the kit kat update.  I was going crazy with my screen going black, apps force closing, severe lag, virtually unable to use the phone.  After many hard resets and anew phone and the issues staying the same I tried to remove my work email active exchange account (only thing different from my wife's S4) and all of my problems went away.  I was able to download a third party email app and the problems haven't come back.  I was on the verge of buying a new updated phone and now I'm back to loving my phone.  Just upset that neither Sprint nor Samsung recommended this fix months ago.  BTW, had a guy at work who has a Motorola phone and same issues.  Once he stopped using the built in active exchange, all issues went away

Journeyman

This problem is not only sprint but others as well. FYI

Master

DanoHD - Thank you for the feedback. Updates are sent from the manufacturer, not from the service providers. - Robert Sprint Social Care Team
Journeyman

Did you guys test updates before you push them out? When are you going to fix the issue with unlocking the device. I cannot use this phone anymore.

trying redoing the update or have someone redo the update for you.

GrandMaster

they can take it down to a a repair store and they should be able to reflash it onto the phone..

I like many others come onto this site for assistance and to help others. Marking a reply as helpful or correct helps others with like issues when they try to search the site for assistance. I do not work for Sprint and my suggestions and or opinions are my own. *************************************************************************************************************
Master

Yefim1,

The OS updates come from the manufacture. I understand that you are upset and feel your pain. A lot of people including some of us are having the same issues. We are awaiting a fix from the manufacturer as are all the carriers & customers that are experiencing similar problems.

Thanks,

Sequoyah
Social Care
Highlighted
Journeyman

I have a Samsung Note II, 4.4 Kit Kat caused my phone to lock on reboot following the update.  Sprint store repairs say there is nothing they can do and referred me to Samsung mobile, said they may be able to force a restore of the factory rom.  Have tried a manual restore via Kies with no luck.... Expensive paper weight with no resolution from Sprint... Best they could do was recommend I change my plan and purchase a new phone at full price... Sprint Store said don't even try Sprint Customer Service, they won't do anything for you except forward your call around until you get disconnected...

Community News

Need Help? 
Please try Searching the Community, we have many questions already answered, you can also check out the Knowledge base.
If you have an account question you can create a post and one of our Social Care Agents will help you.
If you need immediate assistance please visit Sprint Chat