cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Galaxy S4 Kitkat upgrade ***HORRIBLE***

Journeyman

Re: Galaxy S4 Kitkat upgrade ***HORRIBLE***

I have to agree with you.  I have had all these issues and the lock up and the no response error message with  touchwiz, messaging and Google and more.  I can recreate the lock up if I turn the phone up,  light it up and then press power to put to sleep and then repeat and phone will not light up.  You can push as many buttons as you want and nothing. I have learned if I just put the phone down for 15 minutes it will work again (two times) and then put it away.  Makes a text conversation impossible

I had sent the first phone that has the issues to Samsung they said it was the screen was coming apart, returned it and they must not have tested it because within 20 minutes it was messed up again. I took it back to sprint many times and I am on 2nd replacement, no change and last visit (I think they poor guys have seen me at least a dozen times since KitKat upgrade) they informed me I only get so many replacements a year without an additional fee.  I have even one scratch I would say ok, but since they day KitKat was pushed it has been impossible to use. I think next is Spring Mgmt or just looking to another provider that helps pay me out of my contract. I do not know what else to do. I can do a hard reboot every hour and still it wont work right within two sleep cycles. 

Master

Chris68735 - We definitely don't want you to leave. Please PM us with your name, number, PIN or Security Answer and the link to this thread. We want to check your account and see what options we have to assist you in this matter. - RobertSprint Social Care
Journeyman

Hi Robert,

I started a similar thread and have exhausted all troubleshooting options: phone keeps restarting after kitkat update - this is awful

What can you do do keep me as a customer? I am so frustrated and nobody at Spring seems to be willing to actually help me. Telling me I can buy another phone for $75 is not helpful because my now terrible phone is not a problem I caused. (If I had dropped it and the screen cracked, yes it would be my responsibility to pay for a new phone, but this is clearly not the case).

Thank you,

Jessy

Master

jessy.el - I know how frustrating this is for you. Please send us a private message. Include your Sprint phone number, Pin or Security Answer, and the link to this post or description of your request. In order to send a private message, click on our name SprintCares, and on the right side of our page, click on send private message. We look forward to assisting you - Robert Sprint Social Care
Highlighted
Journeyman

I have to say that I'm astonished with the way that both Sprint and Samsung have handled the situation with the bugs in Android 4.4.2. Every day I'm with my phone is a battle with the lock screen and it's been going on for months.  The lack of an expeditious response is infuriating to me. But not only is it a lack of any sort of response to fix the problem, it's the lack of communication.

Sprint hasn't taken a stand publicly to keep their customers informed and apprised of the process. I've spoken to the higher ups over at Samsung and they have confirmed that the beta testing on the software for the S4 is complete and was pushed to Sprint for internal beta weeks ago.  THE BALL IS IN SPRINT'S court.  I wonder how Dan Hesse would feel using my phone for a day? Dan, would you be operationally efficient with a lock screen that may or may not unlock when a message or call comes through?

This is beyond ridiculous and I implore Sprint to at the very least, communicate to their customers what the timeline is so that our expectations can be appropriately managed. 

Journeyman

I think Snoop put it best  when he hints that Sprint should stand up and give us the details.  if nothing more then yes we know you are suffering and we will do X (is X a new phone, is X beta software  I don't know).  The repair guys are lost, the phone folks are lost but there are way too many of us for this to be anything Sprint should feel good about IGNORING!  Help us Please,,, 

Master

I don't think you will get a timeline from any company, simply because timelines are not set in stone and can be moved, and if they come out with a timeline that has to be extended, everyone will be complaining why they extended it.

Do you have the Original S4 or the S4T? and what issues does the lock screen have? have you used refresh customization app from Samsung?

I come here trying to help people and I'm NOT employed by Sprint, so If my reply helped you or if you get an answer to your question from other users, PLEASE mark it as solved.
Journeyman

Just documenting that I'm also having the same issues....phone was working great then all of the sudden....I'm charging all the time, the device randomly turns off, has trouble starting.  I went to a Sprint store and they suggested I needed to buy a new battery and said the phone was over heating because of the type of micro SD memory I was using....just seems odd that it was working all along and after an update everything goes to waste.  Another very frustrated Sprint customer.

Master

ronstr963- So sorry your having device issues. We're you able to get the issue resolved with the new battery? If your still having issues let me know. - Joanne
Sprint Social Care
Master

Chris68735

Chris68735

All updates are pushed out via the manufacture and unfortunately none of us reps can accurately tell you when an update will come to your specific device. Once it has been released it will push to your device and you will receive a notification to update. Sprint has nothing to do with the time frame that is chosen to release software updates. The only updates we have any input in are updates required to fix an issues on our network caused by already released software and since not all customers with the S4 (Such as myself) are not having these issues we are doing our best to gather information to find the root cause. If you have not been into a service and repair center I would recommend doing so just to have a diagnostic run on the equipment.. I hope that helps explain it a little better.

Regard

Clyde

Sprint Social Care

Journeyman

thanks,   been to support centers they are lost, replaced phone no change. Sent to Samsung , went to Samsung center and reflash.  I am not just doing a hard reset on the phone every week. 

My question for you is,  who do I call to give sprint an opportunity to keep my business before I leave and go to a new service and get a new phone. I can not afford to toss this and by a new phone so I need help but I can not travel with this phone and keep hardsetting it and completely rebuild every week

let me know  Thanks

Master

Chris68735- We would be happy to help you with whatever you need. Please private message us with your phone number, pin number, and a copy of the link to this post. - JoanneSprint Social Care
Community News

Sprint S.M.A.R.T Agents
Sprint S.M.A.R.T Agent are here to help Monday through Sunday 6:00 AM CT - 6:00 PM CT. If you need to speak to an agent outside of these hours, please visit Sprint Chat