cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Galaxy S4 MF9 OTA Update ISSUES LIST **add YOUR issues to this thread as well**

Journeyman

Re: Galaxy S4 MF9 OTA Update ISSUES LIST **add YOUR issues to this thread as well**

I'm have a problem with my phone rebooting while web browsing. If any site redirects me to the play store or download a file. My phone freezes the screen cuts off. It vibrates twice and reboots. I'm also having data connection issues

Highlighted
Journeyman

Re: Galaxy S4 MF9 OTA Update ISSUES LIST **add YOUR issues to this thread as well**

Is anyone from Sprint planning on addressing any of the issues listed on this thread? Obviously this is not some isolated problem or a mass delusion!

Journeyman

I am also experiencing poor battery life, data connection issues and battery getting really hot. Sprint please fix Asap.

Journeyman

I have a Note 2 not a S4, but my phone has been acting the same as you are all describing within the last 4 days. My phone is plugged in and I pulled up my texts and it started LOSING battery life.....while charging.

Journeyman

I'm also having the poor battery life and hot phone issues.  I can't even get a full charge to my phone when it's plugged in overnight and I plug it in at 5pm and take it off to leave for work at 7am ... it's non-sense

Per other threads I've done the following:

Disabled DRM in the application manager

Turned off Smart Wifi

deleted my Google account then re-added it

None of these "fixes" have shown any improvement. 

Journeyman

Updated my phone about four days ago and now it is virtually worthless.  Aside from the terrible signal strength, it constantly reboots anytime I try to do most anything which drains the battery.  My phone also gets hot to the touch during this process, Please fix. Before the update the phone was rock solid.

Journeyman

Here is what has finally fixed my issues... I factory reset the phone and set it up again.  No longer over heating .... and battery life has returned to what it was like pre-patch.

Journeyman

Battery Life has been AWFUL since the update. I charge my phone at night and it always lasts me through the next day. By the time I plug it in at night again the battery is usually around 40%. After the OTA update, it has been at 10% at the end of the day and the low battery notification actually pops up. This never happened before the update. Now, Google Services is my # 2 battery hog and it never even made the list before the update. I hope they fix this soon. With the same amount of usage, I'm losing at least 30% of my battery life a day post-update. Awful.

Journeyman

I found a fix for the battery issue with the new update. If you go to Settings-->More-->Location Services, it seems that the update turns on Use Wireless Networks by default. For those who are seeing Google Services drain much of the battery for no reason after the update, this is why. Simply uncheck the Use Wireless Networks box. I figured that out yesterday. Google Services is no longer on my battery drain list and my phone is getting normal battery life again. Cheers!

Journeyman

I think you're onto something.  I uninstalled the Google Maps app, which uses location services, and my battery seems to be better.  I won't be able to confirm until Monday or Tuesday when I'm back to work where my battery typically lasts the entire day on a workday.  I disconnect it my phone with 100% battery at 4:00 a.m., it gets used a little during the day, it is around 50% at the end of the workday, and it lasts the rest of the evening/night.  I'm keeping my fingers crossed.  I'd hate to try the dreaded factory reset in the hopes that works.  I'm still getting a Mobile IP Error though.

Community News

Having trouble posting or viewing your Private Messages? We made an update to the Community registration process which requires you to validate your email, click here to read more about it.