cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Galaxy S4: Neat Tips/Tricks/Observations!

Highlighted
Journeyman

Galaxy S4: Neat Tips/Tricks/Observations!

I've had my Samsung Galaxy S4 for about a month now. I enjoy all the functionality and convenience it has to offer, and it's like a "member of my family"! Matter of fact, I would like to take this time to share with you some of the observations, tips and tricks I've discovered of the Galaxy S4.

CAMERA

The camera on this phone is amazing. I swear! Once I discovered how crystal clear all my photos are, I sold my Canon PowerShot. In addition, this phone (obviously) takes widescreen photos. I've never had that in a camera, and that will surely come in handy at times.

FLIPBOARD

If you like to read, take some time and browse through all the categories Flipboard has to offer. You can sign in using your Facebook account and select from a few hundred categories of articles! You can also sort them in any manner you'd like.

MUFFLED SOUNDS

Early on, I discovered that my ringtones were being severely muffled. This was because of the rubber case I was using. I swapped it out for a Body Glove half-plastic/half-rubber case, and the ringtones somehow chime more clearly.

SETTINGS, SETTINGS, SETTINGS

If you take the time to dig around all your apps and menus for the Settings menus, you'll be stunned at how customizeable this phone is.

SWYPE KEYBOARD

When I first got this phone, I was concerned about the small size of the on-screen keyboard keys. Then I changed the keyboard to Swype mode. You don't have to use Swype, but you get full-size keys.

BATTERY DISPLAY/NOTIFICATION

It's a totally fail-safe decision (in my opinion) to hide the battery percentage from the level indicator. Not only does the phone notify you when the battery's fully charged, but it will also notify you when it's draining...more than once, I believe.

CUSTOM SOUNDS FOR EVERYTHING

I have my own sounds chosen for RingTones, Alarms, Notifications, Facebook, Zynga games and all my E-mail accounts. (See E-MAIL APP.)

SWYPING IS EASY

I am NOT a texter by any means. But when I started using this phone, I learned the Swype method of texting in roughly five minutes. It's nearly pinpoint accurate!

CLOSE/UNINSTALL USELESS APPS

I removed massive clutter (well, sort of) by uninstalling or closing the preinstalled apps I don't use. DO THIS AT YOUR OWN RISK.

WI-FI

I never realized how slick Wi-Fi was until I bought this phone. Everywhere I go, I connect to their guest Wi-Fi network and it saves it into the phone's Wi-Fi directory. Then, the next time you visit that location (hotspot), it automatically connects to that given network.

1WEATHER VS. ACCUWEATHER

I noticed that 1Weather is an excellent replacement for the default AccuWeather widget. Also, by tapping the widget's time display, you can immediately access your Clock app (and your alarm clocks). Convenient!

E-MAIL APP

I have all three of my E-mail accounts accessible solely through the E-mail app (including GMail).

These are a few of the special things I discovered thus far. More to come!

0 REPLIES 0
Community News

Our Community is BACK!!
Hours of Operations are 7AM - 8PM CST. Please try Searching the Community, we have many questions already answered, you can also check out the Knowledge base
If you need immediate assistance after hours please visit Sprint Chat