cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Galaxy S4 Release Announced: April 27

Highlighted
Journeyman

Re: Galaxy S4 Release Announced: April 27

I have also been a loyal customer to sprint for over 10 years, and it seems that sprint really likes to push their customers to the limit. Never have I anticipated a phone release nearly as much as this one, I want to recomend to ANYONE ELSE WHO IS UPSET WITH PAYING $250 DO NOT PURCHARSE THROUGH THE CARRIER (SPRINT STORE) SEARCH THROUGH OTHER RETAILERS SUCH AS Walmart, AMAZON, or WiREFLY.

I wouldnt't mind paying $250 so much IF IT CAME WITH A FREE S-VIEW CASE From SAMSUNG

The whole charging Sprints LOYAL customers an EXTRA $50 than everyone else, is SIMPLY TO MAKE UP FOR THE $100 OFF NEW CUSTOMERS!!!

I BET SPRINT WILL LOWER IT TO $200 IF THEY DONT RECEIVE AS MANY PRE-ORDERS AS THEY THINK THEY'LL HAVE

BEST BET SO FAR IS WAL-MART THEY ARE OFFERING ATT'S S4 @ $168 PRE-ORDER!!!!!!!

Highlighted
Journeyman

In essence, Sprint wants us to pay a $50 premium (over the $199 other carries' price) to cover a new customer's $50 discount off that price? 

I'm not paying for someone else's phone.  You're making this way too easy, Sprint.  Helllooo, AT&T.

Highlighted
Journeyman

I have been waiting for Sprint to announce the pre-order schedule since the S4 was announced by Samsung. I was definitely going to pre-order, but now

I doubt I will.

This is ridiculous.

A friend of mine is a Sprint customer as well. She has been waiting for the release date so she could make a decision on cancelling her existing contract and upgrading. Cancelling her contract is a hundred bucks, so it would cost her 350 bucks plus activation fee to get the S4 with Sprint. With Sprint's contract cancellation fee ($100), it will cost her 300 bucks to switch to ATT and they will waive the activation fee. She called Sprint and they did not offer any incentive for her to stay (waive fees, discounts, etc....). She's going with AT&T. That's one customer I know they have lost because of this. How many more will follow?

(She was with them for 6 years)

Highlighted
Journeyman

I feel the same way, although I haven't had as long to wonder why Sprint is treating me like chopped liver compared to new customers as you have.

I've been out from under a contract for over a year - my revenue stream is not guaranteed to Sprint for the next 2 years. You'd think there'd be some effort to get me (and other customers like me who are no longer under contract obligations due to upgrades, etc.) back under contract.

I followed the S3 release price arc very closely.  My conclusion - even now that the S3 price has truly bottomed out in advance of the S4 - S3 pricing never at any point reflected any benefit to being an existing customer eligible and long overdue for an upgrade. In fact, I would be paying a premium to upgrade through Sprint relative to other carriers and retailers. If the coverage were outstanding there might be an offset, but it isn't either at work or at home, despite working in the 128 corridor and having an Airave at home with trouble indicators blinking away all the time.

Highlighted
Journeyman

VERY EXCITED???!?!?!? why are you excited? Are you excited because Sprint is treating its "Valued" Customers like something you wipe off the bottom of your shoe? I was happy that I could upgrade and waitied patiently for the release of the S4, only to be blindsided by our provider with a 50 dollar price above the other carriers and thus subsidizing the new customers.  ARE WE NOTHING TO YOU PEOPLE??? Stupid question I know. Customer Appreciation for Sprint is a foreign idea, good business practices are obviously not in their buisness model and competitive pricing isn't a thing they do at the NOW network....well don't I feel so privlidged to be a "Valued" Customer...please slap your customers harder

Highlighted
Journeyman

Ahhh I just realized something.....your not caring about the "Valued Customer" because the ones you loose you expect to make up with the new fools...I mean customers. The knife in my back really hurts Sprint....im sure you want the door to hit me on the way out. Leaving you is looking VERY tempting

Highlighted
Wizard

I agree with the general sentiment posted here.  With the other major carriers charging $200 for the 16GB Galaxy S4, Sprint charging $250 means we pay 25% more than others for the same phone.  Sprint, please explain why we should pay $50 more than everyone else for the same device?

As for the new customer discount, I'm not surprised by it.  It seems like gaining new customers is always a major concern of wireless providers, and discounts are a good way to do that.  And I've learned by experience that sometimes it's better to wait -- there was a piece of software that I used to use and really liked, so I'd buy new versions as soon as I heard they came out.  When I started seeing that a relatively short time later, the company would be offering free extras to people who didn't buy immediately, I stopped buying early.  I can understand that providers want new customers or to get hold-outs to upgrade, but that doesn't mean you should be effectively punishing your early adopters and loyal customers.  The discount for new customers I get, but the $50 (25%) price hike over all other carriers for existing customers is a bad move.  Sprint, please reconsider.

If anyone signed up a while back for that Best Buy deal where you'd get a $50 gift card from them if you bought a new phone with them at any point during 2013, you might want to wait for them to get the S4 and see how they price it.  Even if it's still $250, getting a $50 gift card back sort of makes up for it, and is more than Sprint seems to be doing right now.

Highlighted
Journeyman

Pre-orders for the Sprint S4 are up at Best Buy for $199. I've never bought a phone through BB, any reason not to rather than directly through Sprint?

Edit: Never mind, I thought I clicked on Sprint, but pre-orders are available only for AT&T currently through Best Buy.

Highlighted
Journeyman

I have bought a Sprint phone through BB before, 2 Epic 4g's. I sold one back to BB for a $130 BB gift card right before Christmas and got my S3 from Sprint for $48 on Black Friday ( I did not feel like going through the paces at BB on black Friday for the same deal). Best Buys Warranty service is WAY better than Sprints for less money.

Currently BB is giving a $325 BB gift card for the S3 which can go for the S4 with funds left over. I suspect that price will drop as the release date approaches. If you have an older phone you can switch your number to you can take advantage of the high return then get the S4 on the 27th. (or so I'm told from BB employee's, YMMV)

This is probably the route i will be taking.

Highlighted
Journeyman

People still subscribe to sprint? I left them back in february for t-mobile. I actually have the data rates of a modern carrier now, imagine that. Plus my bill is about $190 cheaper per month and I have much better signal.

I guess this is what happens when they spend $16 billion on iphones, and then wonder why people don't want to use them on their horribly slow network.

Highlighted
Journeyman

why pay $250 for this phone when i can get it else where for $199 come on sprint you are making terrible decisions

Highlighted
Wizard

I was actually just at Best Buy a while ago, and they told me that the 16GB Galaxy S4 on Sprint would cost $250.  They are taking pre-orders, at least at the store I visited, but doing so requires that you purchase a $50 gift card from them.  Apparently that reserves a phone for you, and you pay the remaining $200 when you pick it up.  So unfortunately, there's no discount, at least not right now on initial release.  I'm still disappointed that Sprint is charging existing customers $50 more for this phone than other carriers.  That just doesn't seem right, and I wouldn't be surprised to see customers leave because of it.

Community News

Our Community is BACK!!
Hours of Operations are 7AM - 8PM CST. Please try Searching the Community, we have many questions already answered, you can also check out the Knowledge base
If you need immediate assistance after hours please visit Sprint Chat