Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Galaxy S4 Release Announced: April 27

Highlighted
Journeyman

Re: Galaxy S4 Release Announced: April 27

Joe01880 wrote:

I'm not seeing your math but ok, sure. I pay 170 per month for three phones ($170.60 to be exact, including taxes and fee's) and get a 25% discount due to my union affiliation.

I end up paying $56.60 a month per phone and have unlimited service.

I shop deals, my S3 cost me $48, my 2 Epic's cost me nothing and i got back $130 selling one of them back to Best Buy. I will sell my S3 to Best Buy via their trade in policy and get $325 back for my $48 phone. Leaving $277 to get the S4 thru Best Buy and even if it cost me $249 i will still make $28 on the deal plus save $2 a month and get a better warranty. But thanks for your input and good luck!

I pay $110 a month for 5 phones, averaging out to $22 per phone. If you want to count my military discount, that would be 93.5 per month, or $18.7 per month per phone. However after taxes (AZ taxes for mobiles are notoriously high, along with our general sales taxes) it goes back up to just shy of $110 a month, which is why I use that figure.

Chances are your existing discount will translate directly over to tmobile (I know for example that bank employees get 27%, and veterans 15%, which is exactly identical to what sprint offered). Only they do you one better: Your discount actually applies to your whole bill, rather than just your first line. Remember when sprint used to do that? And over time they subtracted it to the first 3 lines, then first 2 lines, then only one line. Tmobile still does it for all lines.

Your three line bill without a discount would be $90 with tmobile. That would be $30 per line, making you pay far less than that $20 difference. Tmobile has a buyback program, even for competing carriers' phones. Chances are it isn't as high as the BB one, but it's still there. However say it was $100 less than the BB one, you are still paying $100 less for this phone, so it ends up being a wash. However all other reduced costs considered, chances are that with your discount you'll be saving even more than the dollar figure I listed above.

All 5 of my lines are fully unlimited by the way, and all standard plans include free wifi hotspot. Chances are the bill you quoted above has limited shared minutes. Granted there are the reduced data rates after 500MB (which I rarely exceed, but different people are different) my reduced speed is still faster than what I received with sprint. If you notice, sprint is notorious for having by far the slowest data rates of any carrier. Bottom line though: you'll never see an overage.

Highlighted
Journeyman

Its food for thought and i will check into it this week, thanks!

btw, i still think your trolling !!

Highlighted
Journeyman

It's probably NOT a bad deal for new customers. Just because Pre-orders sold out doesn't mean Sprint isn't losing current customers. If you have numbers breaking down purchasers to those who paid $150 vs those who are paying $250 then you might have a case.

Highlighted
Journeyman

sprint is always going to sucker their supposedly valued customers for their new customers its nothing new with sprint thats why im not suprised by this but this right here is the lowest of the low if you can get away with charging 50 dollars more than what all the other carriers is charging than i dont know what to say about that

Community News

Our Community is BACK!!
Hours of Operations are 7AM - 8PM CST. Please try Searching the Community, we have many questions already answered, you can also check out the Knowledge base
If you need immediate assistance after hours please visit Sprint Chat