Sprint Community is currently read-only. Please use the My Sprint app or Sprint.com to manage your account. If you need assistance, please visit Sprint.com/chat
Sprint Community is currently read-only. Please use the My Sprint app or Sprint.com to manage your account. If you need assistance, please visit Sprint.com/chat
Sprint Community
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Galaxy S4 Screen issues. Still under any kind of warranty?

Galaxy S4 Screen issues. Still under any kind of warranty?

My S4 has been having screen issues for a long time now, but they've gotten worse today.

When the brightness is lowered to the lowest setting, the screen flickers with this odd yellow pattern.  It's annoying, but instantly goes away when the screen is brought back to normal brightness.

Today, about half an inch of the bottom of the screen is completely black.  It's like all the pixels there are dead.  The touchscreen still responds to touches there, but the interface won't show up there.

If I take the phone to the Sprint store, is there any kind of warranty on the phone?  Or will I have to pay for the repairs of this defect?

3 REPLIES 3
Highlighted
Master

Re: Galaxy S4 Screen issues. Still under any kind of warranty?

Hydroculator,

Thank you very much for your post. The technician at the service and repair location would have to look at the device first to determine what is causing your screen issue. That would determine if a fee would be incurred or if the device can be replace free of charge. I would also reach out to Samsung as well to see what the warranty standards are for this device.

Alex
Sprint Social Care
Highlighted
Master

normally the device comes with a 1 yr warranty, the problem with Samsung is that you will ave to ship it to them and wait for a replacement or the same phone fixed, you are looking at about 2 weeks w/out a phone.

I come here trying to help people and I'm NOT employed by Sprint, so If my reply helped you or if you get an answer to your question from other users, PLEASE mark it as solved.
Highlighted
Journeyman

I am having a similar issue with my almost 1 year old S4. About 5 seconds before the screen timesout, the screen dims and starts flickering and part of the screen gets grey. When I touch the screen the brightness returns and the problem goes away. I keep my phone in my desk dock all day and have developer options set to keep screen on when charging. Just before what the timeout period would be, the screen it gets dim (I asked Samsung and you can't disable this dimming "feature") and it just sits on my desk freaking out until I touch it. We tried a cache wipe, safe mode, and a hard reset and the problem remains. I am just under warranty and need to get this repaired. Samsung told me they have no local facilities and that I had to send this to Texas. They said it can take 2 days in the mail there, up to 7 days to repair, and 2 days back. I guess this is why people still buy iphones. If you have a problem you don't have to go 11 days without a damn phone.

Community News

Our Community is currently set to Read Only due the pandemic's affect on our staffing .
Please try Searching the Community, we have many questions already answered, you can also check out the Knowledge base
If you need immediate assistance please visit Sprint Chat