cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Galaxy S4 Tri-Band SPH-L720T no Sprint Splash Screen

Highlighted
Journeyman

Galaxy S4 Tri-Band SPH-L720T no Sprint Splash Screen

I just got a Galaxy S4 Spark enabled phone from Sprint. When the phone was first turned on at the Sprint store it booted to a Sprint Spark Logo Splash Screen and activated properly, everything was OK, I went home.  Once I arrived at home and restarted the Phone a System Update was downloaded, it being KiKat 4.4.2, I installed it and everything went as it should, however I have noticed since the update when the phone boots, it boots to a Samsung splash screen and the Sprint Spark Screen is never seen, the phone appears to be operating ok but I wonder since this update deleted or hid the Sprint Splash screen if the system is possibly corrupt or missing a file. I have had many Sprint phones from many manufactures and they have all booted to a Sprint Splash Screen. I honestly think something is corrupt. Anyone ever seen or heard of such a thing ?

10 REPLIES 10
Highlighted
Master

Re: Galaxy S4 Tri-Band SPH-L720T no Sprint Splash Screen

iamme54:

This does sound a bit strange. Please do this for me. Change network setting to CDMA. The device will power cycle. Turn wifi off. Power device off and remove battery for 5 minutes. Power it back up. On the dial pad enter ##72786#. Device may request to power cycle as well as perform updates, if so, let it proceed. Once that process completes, hold the power button until the Power Off/Airplane Mode/Restart screen appears. Choose restart. Let me know if you see a difference in the boot up screen after that.

Jon H.

Sprint Social Care Team
Highlighted
Journeyman

Negative, I followed your steps 2 times, you forgot a step also, connection optimizer has to be turned off or it will connect to WiFi automatically. It checked for firmware updates and found none. The boot process hasn't changed. I do have a Sprint Splash Screen at shutdown, nothing at startup.

Highlighted
Master

iamme54,

Have you taken your phone into a local service and repair store to be looked at since the KitKat update? The store can run diagnostics on your phone to see if there is anything wrong. It may just not be on the phone anymore after the update. Please let me know.

*Liz
Sprint Social Care
Highlighted
Journeyman

Samsung made an app to fix this.  Go to the play store and download the "refresh customization" app.  Complete option 1 and then 2, this will cycle you phone on and off a number of times and restore the Sprint Zone app, missing roaming settings, and Sprint Spark splash screen to your phone. 

Highlighted
Journeyman

diggermania...thanks that solved the problem..I will have to move some app icons and widgets around but the splash screen is now functioning..thanks for your help !!! 

Highlighted
Master

iamme54- Hey! Glad to see that diggermania was able to help you out. Let me know if you have any other questions/concerns that I can help out with. Thanks! - SaraSprint Social Care
Highlighted
Journeyman

Yes she should be getting paid and not you. Just keep on pushing that paper in that other country. Yes I was mean but sprint doesn't know anything but how to make sure your bill date is the same but even then mine was changed out of the blue about 5 years ago and again about 2 years ago. No it was not due to a contract change. It was a software glitch in your billing or account center.

Highlighted
Journeyman

Digermania, thank you so much for your help! I've been searching for a solution since the horrible update! There's a bug that prevents my hotspot from connecting (which I've been paying for...that I couldn't use), but your solution fixed that as well as everything else! Thank you, thank you, thank you!

Highlighted
Master

RanP, Thanks for reaching out to us and bringing this to our attention. We're sorry to hear that you're having billing issues. Please allow us to see why your billing cycle has been changed twice. So that we could further assist you, please PM (personal message) us with your account number and pin. Please keep in mind that you must be signed in with your username and password in order to compose a message to us. - Brittany
Sprint Social Care
Highlighted
Master

champlEbrush, That sure is great to hear! We're glad to hear that you were able to get some helpful feedback from digermania. Please don't hesitate to reach out to us with any additional questions or concerns that you may have. Have A Great Day! - Brittany
Sprint Social Care
Community News

Our Community is BACK!!
Hours of Operations are 7AM - 8PM CST. Please try Searching the Community, we have many questions already answered, you can also check out the Knowledge base
If you need immediate assistance after hours please visit Sprint Chat