cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Galaxy S4 not showing LTE?

Highlighted
Journeyman

Galaxy S4 not showing LTE?

While I am using the phone it has a 4G icon with the 2 arrows, it doesn't show 4G LTE icon... Is it like this or there is something wrong?

https://fbcdn-sphotos-e-a.akamaihd.net/hphotos-ak-frc1/377203_10201062035415796_249182074_n.jpg

10 REPLIES 10
Highlighted
Master

I think they just don't show the LTE part of the 4G, since that is not necessary anymore, this phone is 3G and 4G LTE compatible, so they don't need to display LTE.

I come here trying to help people and I'm NOT employed by Sprint, so If my reply helped you or if you get an answer to your question from other users, PLEASE mark it as solved.
Highlighted
Journeyman

Those are pretty great numbers you got on speed test!

Highlighted
Journeyman

I Have no idea about speed test so can someone tell me if these are good. The fone says 4g

ping - 53ms download - 3.38 upload-2.57

Highlighted
GrandMaster

those speeds are pretty decent..3.38mbps down with a 2.57 upload..odds are they are still doing testing and tuning in your area...or at least with that tower youre connecting too.

I like many others come onto this site for assistance and to help others. Marking a reply as helpful or correct helps others with like issues when they try to search the site for assistance. I do not work for Sprint and my suggestions and or opinions are my own. *************************************************************************************************************
Highlighted
Journeyman

You phone is fine, and those are great speeds. I recently upgraded all the phones in my family to LTE devices -- iPhone 5, Samsung Galaxy S4, and HTC EVO 4G LTE.  The iPhone 5 displays "LTE" when it is connected to Sprint's 4G LTE network.  The others display "4G" when connected to LTE.

Highlighted
Journeyman

Aceptable results for 4g,not to good,not to bad..

Highlighted
Journeyman

When you are connected to 4G WiMax, the display will say "4G" and your WiFi icon will appear. In other words, if the phone displays "4G" and there is no WiFi icon displayed, you can infer that you are connected to a 4G LTE tower.

Source: Just talked with a Sprint representative

Highlighted
Journeyman

Network

Frequencies and Data Type

LTE: Band 25; CDMA 1x/EVDO Rev.A: 800/850/1900MHz; HSPA+/UMTS: 850/900/1900/2100MHz; GSM: 850/900/1800/1900MHz

That is incorrect.  The above specs are from Samsung's website, Specs - Sprint Cell Phones SPH-L720 | Samsung Cell Phones.  You won't find WiMAX listed, because it's not a WiMAX-compatible device.  Don't believe employees.  Some will tell you anything to sell a phone.

Highlighted
Journeyman

Cool, thanks for the info and the link. It is still odd that I am supposedly in a 3G only area (South Orange County, California), yet sometimes I get the "4G" display on my S4.

I guess if it isn't compatible with WiMax, it must be some faint LTE signal that I am picking up.

Highlighted
GrandMaster

that would be because they are currently deploying 4G LTE in orange county. its been ongoing for a couple months now if i remember right.

I like many others come onto this site for assistance and to help others. Marking a reply as helpful or correct helps others with like issues when they try to search the site for assistance. I do not work for Sprint and my suggestions and or opinions are my own. *************************************************************************************************************
Community News

Our Community is BACK!!
Hours of Operations are 7AM - 8PM CST. Please try Searching the Community, we have many questions already answered, you can also check out the Knowledge base
If you need immediate assistance after hours please visit Sprint Chat