cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Galaxy S4 release date?

Journeyman

Re: Galaxy S4 release date?

I do not think it will be for april considering that the pre-order for the HTC one just started. i think it will be available late may/ early june

Journeyman

Re: thenet95

I'll open this brief bit with a quote from Louis C.K.: "People say 'my phone sucks.' No it doesn't. The shittiest cell phone in the world is a miracle. Your life sucks - around the phone. "

When one attempts to download an app on Android from Google Play, they are informed of what the app will have permission to do. I'll quote the first comment from your link to 'Why All Android phones are malware virus': "When a memory cleaner application requests permission to send text messages and read the entire contents of your SD card, it should be pretty obvious that something's not right."

The Linux Kernel is arguably one of the most secure bits of software in existence. If you are comfortable with your Windows phone, that's great. Android may not be for everyone. The ability to read and identify blatantly obvious threats before mindlessly downloading malicious software is a must, though. Cheers!

Journeyman

Who cares when it is available?  What you should be asking is when will LTE be available because if you buy the S4 or any other LTE phone, it will only get 3G until Sprint upgrades their system which they seem to be far from doing in major metro areas.  So until that happens you are stuck with 3G speeds becasue 4G Wimax wont work on your new phone.  Sprint is not telling people in their stores this info when they are upgrading, If they did, people would move to Verizon or another carrier where your phone will actually work at speeds it was designed for.  Shame on Sprint for not making this clear to people.  It should be illegal (perhaps it is) not to inform buyers of these new devices that they will only be getting 3G. Oh and one more thing, if you currently have a 4G capable phone, be prepared to have it downgraded to 3G once Sprint hits the switch for LTE.  They probably didnt tell people that either when they were advertising 4G phones to buyers. 

Journeyman

Now the the pre register is open when is the release date? ATT and Tmobile is may 1st

Journeyman

No need for proofless speculation. These are the Facts: It is required by Sprint employees to inform buyers of the LTE situation. WiMax will be around till after 2015. End of Line

Wizard

z250kid

Thanks for reaching out to us. We have not set an official release date as of yet for the Galaxy S4, but stay tuned as we will be making an announcement, once it's available. For updates you can also visit http://newsroom.sprint.com/

Morris L.

Sprint Social Media Care

Journeyman

Att has preorder on there website.  I belive walmart starting tomarrow will to.  I just want a release date i have the s2 since the jelly bean update my battery dies in 12 hours!!!   But i will be stuck on 3g till lte rolls in.

Journeyman

I'm due for an Upgrade as well.my question is why get the galaxy s 4 if you dont have LTE service in your area. Sprint is the only company that is offering 3g and lte. verizon and at&t both will get 4g and 4glte.

GrandMaster

4G is 4G..there isnt 2 versions with either att or verizon..you pretty much have 3G and 4G...sprint is currently kicking out 4G LTE...the older version they had in some areas was 4G wimax..which is the old technology and no phones to date can do both with one handset.

one thing to keep in mind is if your current phone has 4G wimax abilities and youre in an area that actually has the 4G wimax then personally i would hold off until they DO have LTE deployed in your area..if you dont then youre downgrading to a 3G only phone until they DO get LTE into your area..i never did see wimax so it wouldnt really change anything up for me one way or another..

I like many others come onto this site for assistance and to help others. Marking a reply as helpful or correct helps others with like issues when they try to search the site for assistance. I do not work for Sprint and my suggestions and or opinions are my own. *************************************************************************************************************
Journeyman

I paid for LTE for over a year, and I have a S3 now were all waiting for the S4 to drop. My S3 works slower then my sons S2. How is this allowed ? Why isnt there a class action lawsuit ?

Journeyman

The 10 dollar data fee is so that you can keep your unlimted data.  4g Lte is not avaible in some markets.  That says it in its fine print.  I thought the same thing

Journeyman

Att is releasing theres April 30th (Being Shipped).  It would be nice to have a date instead of being left in the dark. 

Community News

Need Help? 
Please try Searching the Community, we have many questions already answered, you can also check out the Knowledge base.
If you have an account question you can create a post and one of our Social Care Agents will help you.
If you need immediate assistance please visit Sprint Chat