cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Galaxy S4 says no sim

Highlighted
Journeyman

Galaxy S4 says no sim

after owning the phone for 1 year, my phone suddenly stopped recognizing my SIM card.  A corporate store replaced the SIM card twice in 1 week to no avail.  They said I would need to buy a new phone.  I tried factory resets, power cycling, but still reads as no SIM.  This is the 3rd phone in 3 years that has had some kind of random issue where I've been told to buy a new phone.  I take good care of my phone, keep them in heavy duty cases, screen protectors, very careful to never drop them or let them get wet, yet they always break.  I'm tired of buying new phones every year, can anything be done about this no SIM card issue, or am I stuck with buying another phone??? 

2 REPLIES 2
Journeyman

Re: Galaxy S4 says no sim

I have a S4 tri-band Spark compatible. It started to tell me I do not have the SIM inserted. This started about 1 1/2 year after I got it. I looked around and others had the same problem. I cannot confirm what I read but here it is.

There is supposed to be a series of serial numbers that have a defect. A circuit board connection or maybe a cable that comes loose after a time. Sending it in to Samsung for repair is supposed to fix it. Make sure they clearly know the problem.

Warranty is only a year so ...  I will have to pay... or get a new phone.

In the mean time I found out that I can make it work for a while.

1-shutdown

2-I press my finger on the space just left of the Flash on the back.  Not too hard.

3-restart

I had to start carrying my phone in a belt case instead of my front pants pocket.

GrandMaster

Re: Galaxy S4 says no sim

you might be able to take it into a non carrier branded repair store and have them check the connections.

I like many others come onto this site for assistance and to help others. Marking a reply as helpful or correct helps others with like issues when they try to search the site for assistance. I do not work for Sprint and my suggestions and or opinions are my own. *************************************************************************************************************
Community News

Sprint S.M.A.R.T Agents
Sprint S.M.A.R.T Agent are here to help Monday through Sunday 6:00 AM CT - 6:00 PM CT. If you need to speak to an agent outside of these hours, please visit Sprint Chat