cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Galaxy s4 32GB

Journeyman

Re: Galaxy s4 32GB

I called sprint & was passed to a customer service mngr who called me back to say they were getting the 32 gb version, but did not know when, due to Samsung shortages, Hope they did not lie as they would lose me forever.

Journeyman

I am confused.  I stopped by my local Sprint store this week to buy a 32gb S4.  I was told that no problem but they didn't carry the 32gb in stock and it would be 4 or 5 days to have it shipped to the store.  The price quoted was $250 with a $50 rebate for the base phone plus $100 for the 32gb option.  They agreed to waive the $35 activation charge with my discount plan.  I didn't complete the transaction because they pressured me A LOT to upgrade to TEP for $11 per month.  I am still debating what to do.

If the rumored transfer to SD capability ever happens, I would be more than happy with the 16gb.  I am just now having memory capacity issues with my 500mb original Epic!

Highlighted
Journeyman

James,

They lied to you. What will happen is they will take your money, get credit for signing a new customer, then stall you for as long as they can with excuses. Either there will suddenly be a stock issue when in actuality Sprint hasn't released the phone, or oops we thought u meant the S3? Either way theres nothing you can do under contract no matter how much u complain. I'd report that store to Sprint Corporate for the lies and pressure sales.

Journeyman

A month later, I ask: When is Sprint coming out with, at least, the 32gb Samsung GS4?? I am a long time Sprint customer, but I'm telling you, the non-availability of the 32gb is an absolute deal breaker for me. My upgrade comes in July, and I am anticipating using it in August - if the GS4 32gb isn't available from Sprint, I will go elsewhere (to AT&T) to accommodate my device needs. Another lost customer, Sprint. Is it a wonder why you're constantly swimming upstream?

Journeyman

Just root your phone. It takes a whopping 30 seconds at most on the S4. Problem solved and $100's saved.

Journeyman

Yeah, you can say that, but how does rooting help? App2sd doesn't work on Jelly Bean and the hack that does work works on very few apps.  2 or 3 gameloft games and you are full.  8mb is just not enough for anything but some basic apps.

Journeyman

Sprint,

It has been almost 1 month since your reply and still no update on when you are getting the Samsung Galaxy S4 32gb. While I refuse to go to AT&T in order to get it, I have no problems canceling my Sprint account and moving to Verizon Wireless or T-Mobile. In this case it will be the first one that launches the Samsung Galaxy S4 32gb and if that is not Sprint....then bye, bye. IF, and that is a HUGE IF, Sprint makes an announcement then MAYBE I will stick around till Sprint launches the Samsung Galaxy S4 32gb.

Thanks.

Journeyman

So now it's been almost two months since the announcement of the S4 in New York. The only one available to us is the least desirable model of the bunch. For an industry that turns out new phones every 12 months, two months with only 1/3rd of the model available to consumers is just disgraceful. A couple more months I'm going to wait for the next model coming out in 8 months. Seriously, someone really screwed up this release. By the time you make the 32gb available I may not want it anymore. Stupid, because part of your function is to make money and that's the worse thing to do when technology moves so fast is to hold back what's already available. So take your time, before long I'll make the decision that will save me money and cost you. Really smart.

Journeyman

Just so everyone is clear on this: under android 4.1, the S4 CANNOT move most apps to the SD card (even with third party apps).

More importantly, if you watch movies, you CANNOT download movies from the play store to an sd card, they must be stored in internal memory (and they're not stored as an easy-to-move file... I've tried for a while, rooted one of my phones, and after over a week of trying, gave up).

Music from the play store cannot directly be downloaded to your phone... you need to first download to your computer, and then transfer via usb to the SD on your device.

I recently compared the HTC one and S4 side-by-side in a sprint store... s4 has a bigger screen, one has better build quality. Everything else being equal, I would have went with the s4. BUT, the one comes stock with 32gig, the 4 only 16 (and, it's filled with bloatware... only about 7 gigs free out of the box, and you can't uninstall the stock software unless you root).

So, if you want 32g (and there is a REAL reason to want 32gig), until android is changed, get the one, or move to another carrier. Me, I'm probably going to move to Verizon or att next month when my contract is up. I'm tired of crappy service, second rate phones, and a horrible data network (no 4g in NY? Really? )

Journeyman

From TheBiscuit:

"Yeah, you can say that, but how does rooting help? App2sd doesn't work on Jelly Bean and the hack that does work works sajdf;lksafdon very few apps.  2 or 3 gameloft games and you are full.  8mb is just not enough for anything but some basic apps."

rooting will NOT let you move apps to sd card. App2SD will not work. I've tried a myriad of other programs, but the best I could do was a program that allowed you to move data files for a program to SD and create a link to it.

Note this DOES NOT apply to music or movies downloaded from the playstore... they're stored in a funky way as part of the file system, and are not considered data. they don't even come up in memory manager when you look in storage settings

Community News

Having trouble posting or viewing your Private Messages? We made an update to the Community registration process which requires you to validate your email, click here to read more about it.