cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Galaxy s4 losing 3G/4g connectivity randomly

Highlighted
Journeyman

Galaxy s4 losing 3G/4g connectivity randomly

Hello, I'm in the zip code 33761 nearest cross street US Highway 19 & S.R. 580. I keep getting emails that my area has recently been upgraded with the network but ever since the upgrade I keep randomly losing all coverage. My 3G/4g drops & if I'm not connected to WiFi, it tells me to connect to WiFi to have any service. This happens frequently, about 3-4 times per week now & soft reset doesn't help it. No updates are available for firmware, software, etc. & I have to be connected to WiFi to run any diagnostics. Loved the phone until this started happening. Also only had the phone for 5 months & battery also drains quickly & charges even faster. Not a happy person right now especially since I renewed my contract for 2 years.

44 REPLIES 44
Highlighted
Journeyman

Let me get this right, Sprint has been well aware of this since June and I still have this problem.  Several times a week I have to reset my phone to get a network signal again.  This is because the phone and the network are not playing well together?

I still have seen no solution for the problem.

Ok, here's my question.  If I am a business man that uses this phone to receive phone calls about my business, why would I continue to use this phone.  I have gone several hours without receiving a call and found the phone has no signal.  I missed several calls/text/emails, etc because of this.  I am not in this situation, but I work public safety and am on call quite a bit.  Thankfully, my department gives me a reliable phone on a reliable network for this purpose.

I have been pleased with sprint up to this point, however, not getting calls, texts, data, because the phone has a known issue is going to cause me to jump ship.  Unless, Sprint is willing to replace my phone under the same contract terms as when I bought this phone and allow me to find another phone that WILL work and play well with the Sprint network.  Otherwise, I think I may have to argue my case about terminating my contract for this reason.

Cell service without a reliable connection is useless to anyone that pay for it.

How about a bit of help with this request Sprint!

Message was edited by: mikestark1

dlatrofa, KVB3867

Thanks for reaching out. Do you have the S4 Tri Band? If so, this is a known issue with our Sprint Spark capable devices. The devices are having trouble devices being able to toggle between LTE and 3G.

We are currently working on a fix for this issue. In the meantime please try to toggle airplane mode on and off. This will force the phone to find a fresh connection. You may also want to change your devices network mode to CDMA only when in a non LTE area. This should help to stabilize your connection to the network while we work on a resolution.

Regards,

Duane

Sprint Social Care

Highlighted
Master

mikestark1

We are working to resolve this know issues as soon as possible. Once this issue is resolved you should see improvement. Please try the steps provided to you to see if that will help you.

- Robtisha
Sprint Social Care
Highlighted
Journeyman

Well, here is the question.  Since Sprint has been addressing this for over two months, without success, is it possible for Sprint to allow me to end my contract, since I no longer have reliable cellular service?

I know the contract states there are no cellular guarantees for service areas, however a known defect in product or service that can not be fixed in a reasonable amount of time would be considered a breach of contract by Sprint.  There are certain reasonable expectations of a cellular service when paid for.  This is not a coverage issue, rather a defect with no immediate answer issue.

Will it be possible for customers experiencing this to terminate their contract without penalty from Sprint?  If the answer is no, I would like a public explanation explaining as to why.

Thanks,

Mike Stark

Highlighted
Master

mikestark1,

We understand how important it is for you to have a working phone. We are here to help. Please access http://bit.ly/1qQty1X and follow the instructions in the link. We would like to see what other information we can provide to you.

- JaSherai
Sprint Social Care
Highlighted
Master

mikestark1  I'm sure they will address you to your contract, it is very detailed and covers everything, protecting Sprint. No where in the contract, it states cases when you can cancel the contract w/out penalty.

The only time I have heard for Sprint canceling a contract w/out charges, is when the roaming bill was very high, and since you have unlimited roaming, they would not want to pay another carrier for your cell usage.

I come here trying to help people and I'm NOT employed by Sprint, so If my reply helped you or if you get an answer to your question from other users, PLEASE mark it as solved.
Highlighted
Journeyman

Hot diggity, I got a firmware update this morning.  All should be golden now.  NOPE, absolutely zero connectivity to 4glte now.  While on 4g it will not drop to 3g at all.  Great.  Glad they fixed this with the update.

I do like that SprintCare would not publicly explain why or why they would not allow one to termiate contract.

Mike

Highlighted
Journeyman

Yeah I am having these same issues and it getting really annoying to the point that I want to switch carrier to to make matter worse it not working on my Airwave and having to switch to CDMA and rebooting everytime is defying the whole point of paying for 4G and stuff.

Highlighted
Master

Towera, Thank you for reaching out! We definitely want you to have great services! Can you please provide the cross streets and zip of the area so I can take a look at service levels? Keep me posted! - Justin
Sprint Social Care
Highlighted
Journeyman

Indian rocks Rd. 33774

Highlighted
Journeyman

I have sent private message awaiting a reply.

Highlighted
Master

Towera,

Thank you for the info. I am not seeing any issues reported in that area. You can do a profile update on your device with these steps http://bit.ly/1nU4kxE. This can help with signal issues.

-Patrick
Sprint Social Care
Highlighted
Journeyman

Well its the phone than every since I got the new Spark S4 I get random no network were I have to reset the phone or go to airplane mode. I now have to have in CMDA Mode when I am at home to use the airwave since I have no signal and reset it when I leave my house to go to LTE mode I have the worst service ever since I moved to sprint and they kept telling me oh the network is getting upgraded well they said it upgraded and its worse than it was before. I honestly Cannot wait till my contract is up to re-evaluate my situation.

Community News

Our Community is BACK!!
Hours of Operations are 7AM - 8PM CST. Please try Searching the Community, we have many questions already answered, you can also check out the Knowledge base
If you need immediate assistance after hours please visit Sprint Chat