cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Galaxy s4 losing 3G/4g connectivity randomly

Highlighted
Journeyman

Galaxy s4 losing 3G/4g connectivity randomly

Hello, I'm in the zip code 33761 nearest cross street US Highway 19 & S.R. 580. I keep getting emails that my area has recently been upgraded with the network but ever since the upgrade I keep randomly losing all coverage. My 3G/4g drops & if I'm not connected to WiFi, it tells me to connect to WiFi to have any service. This happens frequently, about 3-4 times per week now & soft reset doesn't help it. No updates are available for firmware, software, etc. & I have to be connected to WiFi to run any diagnostics. Loved the phone until this started happening. Also only had the phone for 5 months & battery also drains quickly & charges even faster. Not a happy person right now especially since I renewed my contract for 2 years.

Tags (1)
44 REPLIES 44
Highlighted
Wizard

Re: Galaxy s4 losing 3G/4g connectivity randomly

Happens every single day here in Virginia.

"Lost data connectivity" message appears like clockwork.

I have reported the issue numerous times. Sprint blames my devices instead of acknowledging an inferior network.

Counting the days until my Sprint contract expires so I can switch to any other provider, as no other carrier can be worse.

Highlighted
Master

KVB3867, Sorry that you have been experiencing service issues with your device. I checked the location and see no alerts of outages. The network team was notified of the issues. What model device do you own? *Sheila Sprint Social Care
Highlighted
Journeyman

Same issues and I'm in 82001.  And, to make matters worse, if I walk 25 yards outside, I *sometimes* get 4G.

Highlighted
Master

dlatrofa, KVB3867

Thanks for reaching out. Do you have the S4 Tri Band? If so, this is a known issue with our Sprint Spark capable devices. The devices are having trouble devices being able to toggle between LTE and 3G.

We are currently working on a fix for this issue. In the meantime please try to toggle airplane mode on and off. This will force the phone to find a fresh connection. You may also want to change your devices network mode to CDMA only when in a non LTE area. This should help to stabilize your connection to the network while we work on a resolution.

Regards,

Duane

Sprint Social Care

Highlighted
Journeyman

I too had this issue on my triband s4. i now use the "LTE discovery " app from play when I think I should be getting LTE but it doesnt see it. It restarts whatever gets stuck in the phone and gets me back on lte if its available.

Highlighted
Master

ricktarasharontara,

I am sorry to see that this has been such a pain. I'd like to work on this with you. May I have an example of cross streets and zip to look into the area where this is happening? Let me know, I am here for you.

*Andi R.
Sprint Social Care Team
Highlighted
Journeyman

umm, Andi, my message says that I no longer have the issue as long as I use the app to restart the LTE radio. I believe this is a known issue with the triband phone that cross streets will have no effect on. This issue occurs everywhere with this phone. If/when there is an update to the software to fix this for good I assume it will get pushed out to us.

Highlighted
Journeyman

I agree with this. I purchased a S4 Galaxy from Target Mobile in late December, 2013 and had to send it in to Asurion for a phone claim in May. My Sprint now says my phone is a non-spark phone.. I called Asurion and after arguing for over an hour with them and 2 supervisors later, they finally agreed that I did not have a tri-band phone, as they called it. They said that they had no idea what Spark is, and that it was a Sprint problem..

Highlighted
Master

scwolfe15 We're sorry to hear this and would like to look into it further to see what can be done. Please PM us your phone number, PIN/Security answer and the link to this post. - Christopher S.
Sprint Social Care
Highlighted
Journeyman

My Galaxy S4 also randomly drops its network connection (zip 30096, north of Atlanta). This means I don't get calls or voice mail - and worse - I do not know that I have missed the call! Sometimes the problem can be fixed by rebooting the phone. This is untenable, as I have missed several important calls. If it is the device, the problem seems to be pretty widespread, so I think Samsung and Sprint should start replacing the phones. I should have spent the extra $$ for the iPhone 5S!

Highlighted
Master

Alfalfa72

I certainly understand your concern. I did review the area and there are no outages found in your area. However, we have been working nationwide to rebuild the network to enhance the quality of service in our markets. Since drop calls are something we can't troubleshoot to fix, I will alert our networking team of your issues so this can be addressed. Meanwhile, you can refer to a nearby Sprint store to have them take a look at your device. I do apologize for your trouble!

Anntenetta, Sprint Social Care Team
Community News

Our Community is BACK!!
Hours of Operations are 7AM - 8PM CST. Please try Searching the Community, we have many questions already answered, you can also check out the Knowledge base
If you need immediate assistance after hours please visit Sprint Chat