ForumTopicPage
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Glaxaxy s4 not able to send or recieve from iphone 3gs. Help!

Highlighted
Journeyman

Glaxaxy s4 not able to send or recieve from iphone 3gs. Help!

So, i have been having this problem where two galaxy s4's on my sprint plan aren't able to send or receive messages from an iphone 3gs. I have ruled out the imessage error where the iphone thinks that the line still an imessage device because we have an iphone 5, iphone 5c, and iphone 4 that can talk to both devices. One of the gs4 lines was never an iphone and the other was an iphone almost half a year ago. So that problem is ruled out.

On the iphone end when a message is sent it doesn't send as an imessage. It shows just like any other text without any error notification. And same is true on the s4's. Messages and pictures / files are effected but calling is not. Calling is the one function that still works between the devices.

I have been looking for the past two hours and have not been able to find anything about this problem occurring. Please if anyone has had this problem before or would know any possible explanations it would be appreciated.

5 REPLIES 5
Master

Re: Glaxaxy s4 not able to send or recieve from iphone 3gs. Help!

Leayh-Dianne Thank you for posting with us. With other devices, the messaging works fine? Do you know if there were any blocks previously on any of those lines with that iPhone 3 number? *David S Sprint Social Care
Journeyman

Yes, the messaging works fine with other devices. Never have had a problem. Only this one. No, there were not any previous blocks on any lines.

Master

Hi Leayh-Dianne,

Are you getting any error messages? Have you tried resetting the device?

Thanks, Sharon Sprint Social Care
Journeyman

No, there are no error messages of any kind. It shows that it sends on both ends but neither receive.

Master

Leayh-Dianne, I realize that the phones can SMS some iPhones but I wonder if there's an issue because the one that's having the problem is older.  Have you made sure both S4s have been Unregistered from Apple?  You can do so by going to iCloud, logging in with the Apple ID and PW previously used when they were iPhones and clicking "unregister" on those phone(s).  You could also try going to https://supportprofile.apple.com, log in as before with the Apple ID and PW previously used for those devices, Click "Edit Products" and the X from each phone you wish to un-register. The site will ask you to confirm, click "Unregister"  again. You might have to repeat the steps if it fails.

Let us know if that helps.

*Christy

Sprint Social Care Team

Community News

Need Help? 
Please try Searching the Community, we have many questions already answered, you can also check out the Knowledge base.
If you have an account question you can create a post and one of our Social Care Agents will help you.
If you need immediate assistance please visit Sprint Chat