Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Goodbye, Sprint. Goodbye Samsung.

Highlighted
Journeyman

Goodbye, Sprint. Goodbye Samsung.

This is ridiculous. I'm quitting Sprint and Samsung next month. Here's why:

-The GS4 was hamstrung with the 4.4.2 update that ruined the battery life such that I'm wiping the cache every three days to manage the problem. The fix, (4.4.4) was available to most people for nine months or so, but is still vaporware as far as my phone is concerned. This is supposedly done in the name of quality assurance. Where was the QA when 4.4.2 ruined my phone? Sprint does manage to bill me right on time every month without delay. Funny, that.

-Samsung's new devices are just iPhone clones. They're removing the two features that made me a customer in the first place: battery and micro SD. The S6 and the simply silly S6 Edge are needlessly thin, and the aluminum and glass construction makes them slippery and fragile.

-There are no solutions from Sprint on the forums - only false apologies and recommendations that we take our phones to a service center where a disaffected teen will factory wipe the device for us. Useless.

Next month, I'm going to try my luck with T Mobile and an LG G4. Sprint and Samsung have enough of my money.

3 REPLIES 3
Highlighted
Wizard

Re: Goodbye, Sprint. Goodbye Samsung.

Just love the unenthusiastic teen comment!

You are totally right on Samsung phones, they really haven't made major upgrades since the GS3. And I hate on screen buttons.

Only problem you might have on the G4 is a poor record of updates quickly. I just updated from a G2 to a Nexus 6 and I do miss a few features that LG has available.

Highlighted
Journeyman

Instead of a software upgrade today they offered me a phone upgrade and a new 2 year contract. They work with new customers and screw us. It is obvious they are having problems with lollypop but not the ****** to let us know.

Message was edited by: TheModerator  This is a public forum. Please remember that all messages must abide by the Community Guidelines.

Highlighted
Journeyman

I got the standard S4 and I was running on 4.4.2 also. OTA updates usually take awhile, I'll give Sprint that much but when it's been 2 weeks and nothing, then it's pretty nerve racking especially when your paying top dollar for the service. I got tired of waiting and did a little research. [Content removed] Like I said, I was running 4.4.2 now I'm running 5.0.1 instead of waiting for 5.0 to get released and it's bug free. Had it for 2 days now and no problems.

Community News

Our Community is BACK!!
Hours of Operations are 7AM - 8PM CST. Please try Searching the Community, we have many questions already answered, you can also check out the Knowledge base
If you need immediate assistance after hours please visit Sprint Chat